No Wing Sweep and Throttle not moving

n8d0g

Good day all!

I recently got the F14B, and I seem to be struggling with the add-on. 
Firstly, its looks amazing and seems like a lot of fun. I have the Steam Version.

Now to the issues:
In the cockpit, when I push my physical throttle (Warthog HOTAS), the plane powers up and flies as per normal, but the in-game throttle doesnt move (which struke me as odd).
The wings do no move on auto, nor can I force them to move in the emergency override. I also tried using CTRL-3 to bring up the wing modes there and that didnt work either.
The only way to get them to work is to use the default flap buttons on the keyboard. But even then the flaps dont deploy.

I tried to reinstall the add-on but that hasnt worked out either.
Im not quite sure what to do/try next.

Any suggestions?

For the throttle try checking the alternate throttle input box in the shift 2 panel.

For wingsweep have you tried putting the mouse over the emergency wingsweep handle and scrolling forward with the mouse wheel? It works much more reliably for me than trying to drag the handle around.

Can you also list the simulator version you are using?

Steam Version of FSX.

For the throttle try checking the alternate throttle input box in the shift 2 panel.

For wingsweep have you tried putting the mouse over the emergency wingsweep handle and scrolling forward with the mouse wheel? It works much more reliably for me than trying to drag the handle around.

OK. that didnt work, BUT!

I did try something unsual. I am/was having issues with my profile (which is an admin profile), and I created a second one to do updates to my PC, because the original profile is buggy.

Lo and behold, it works fine here. I can figure out what it is exactly. But Im defeintly having far fewer issues (in fact none) onthis profile (Both are admin), So I guess its fixed?  It must be a corrupt /dll or somethign in the other profile. If I coudl work it out that be great.

• 1 month later...

Your like me pal! Overzealous and over looking things! I had the same situation with the throttle, wing sweep, and flaps! Those are controlled with right clicks on the mouse! The wing sweep you "RIGHT" to unlock the handle, then use the "LEFT" clicker to press, hold, and drag the lever up to the full position! The flaps just do 2 "Right Clicks" and that fully deploys them! The throttle is special, once you left crank the engine to start up and you hear the burner ignite you "RIGHT" click the Level throttle handle to move it into the start position! Once the engine is fully on you click on the same crank switch this time "RIGHT" click to crank the right side engine. Listen for burner to ignite then "RIGHT" Click again on the right throttle handle to push it to the start position and there ya go! ready to go! 

assign a key for the Tail Wheel Lock/unlock function (this unlocks the Rudders and Nose Wheel) which is going to be the next thing to throw you off once you get those engines going! lol

Archived