PBY Catalina stopping on water?

Merlin59

I just picked up this wonderful airplane. Could someone give me some tips on how to stop this bad boy on water. I can get it slowed to about 60 and it keeps right on going. I'm sure there is a way and it's just me. I've dropped the gear and done everything I can think of to do. Hope this was the right forum since it's not really a support issue. It's more of a me issue! :) Thanks ahead for any tips!

No they were closed. That was my first thought as well. If you have the airplane could you tell me if the DME works on the PBY-6A with modern avionics? The black cat version in particular. Mine is on but won't show up. It works on the PBY-5A model. Thanks very much!!

Seem to have corrected my issues on the water. Although I'm still not good at it. Landing is fine but parking it is a nightmare. Big wide open pacific no issues. Tight docks, look out I may redecorate!! :)      Thanks PatrickZ for the help though.

Steering a waterplane, expecially due to the rather bad waterphysics in FS, isn't easy, but with enough training you'll get used to it!

Yea you're probably right. I'm getting better but must admit I miss a fool water rudder. I'll get used to it. No telling how many ports I'll sink in the process though!  :-)

Archived