Feature request to RADs editor

Today I was planning the route LSGG - ENGM. #

The original route given to me by PFPX was:

N0450F340 ARBOS UL47 IXILU UN853 DIK UM624 TOLEN UN873 SPY/N0450F350 UN873 TUSKA N873 VES P602 PIPEX M609 RIPAM

When I tried to validate it one of the rules it fell foul of was LS2157 which stats

J51 from WIL to ROMIR is: Only available for traffic Type Non-RNAV Except ARR EDTD

In the drop down menu for a/c type in the editor you can only select All/Jet/Prop.

Can Non-RNAV and RNAV be added please?

Regards

Panman

Today I was planning the route LSGG - ENGM. #

The original route given to me by PFPX was:

N0450F340 ARBOS UL47 IXILU UN853 DIK UM624 TOLEN UN873 SPY/N0450F350 UN873 TUSKA N873 VES P602 PIPEX M609 RIPAM

When I tried to validate it one of the rules it fell foul of was LS2157 which stats

J51 from WIL to ROMIR is: Only available for traffic Type Non-RNAV Except ARR EDTD

In the drop down menu for a/c type in the editor you can only select All/Jet/Prop.

Can Non-RNAV and RNAV be added please?

Regards

Panman

You can already do that with the route finder.

Read again I said in the RADs editor, 2 completely different things. Why would I want to fly a Non-RNAV route with a RNAV aircraft? I want the route planner to be able to calculate a route and because of the restriction ignore J51. What you are suggesting would create a route suitable for a Non-RNAV aircraft.

So back to my original post then....

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe RNAV is a requirement for the aircraft's systems and not the airways. After all the point of RNAV is for the aircraft to be able to fly on any desired flightpath, rather than being restricted to an airway.

As a result, an RNAV capable aircraft can fly anywhere from waypoint to waypoint, including non-RNAV airspace. This has significant benefits like increasing airspace capacity, saves fuel etc. It is just that the non-RNAV airspace allows for non-RNAV aircraft to fly there but is not exclusive for that. In that sense, there is no point in constructing an RNAV specific flight plan, because the aircraft can follow safely any flight plan, but there is in restricting it for non-RNAV and I believe that's why the option isn't there.

After all, in order for airliners to gain FAA approval it is necessary to be RNAV capable to a certain extent, a procedure which measures the systems' capabilities incrementally by adding more functionality (like flying arrivals, departures, ATS space) with each level. So in that sense, RNAV aircraft are de facto certified to fly over non-RNAV space.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but from what I've read in the RNAV specification this is the impression I get. Maybe someone with more in-depth knowledge in this matter can add their input?

Hello Stathis,

The OP is referring to a EuroControl restriction depicted in the Route Availability Document:

LS2157:

post-5872-0-69311000-1432635152_thumb.jp

His request is that the RAD filter is capable of identifying this.

OP: The RAD filter remains in development, hopefully it may be included at some point.

Hello Stathis,

The OP is referring to a EuroControl restriction depicted in the Route Availability Document:

LS2157:

attachicon.gifls2157.jpg

His request is that the RAD filter is capable of identifying this.

OP: The RAD filter remains in development, hopefully it may be included at some point.

Oh, all right, I was not aware there was a restriction specific to non-Rnav in Europe (despite being European :P). Thanks for the info Stephen.

Thanks for your reply Stephen.

May I also request another feature, just came upon the restriction EHYX which states that:

UZ738 PAM-NAPRO, Not available for traffic, Overfly EHAAFIR, Above FL245.

So now need the option to restrict traffic overflying a FIR

PanMan

Archived