Volume of certain voicepack sounds?

Phil Reynolds

Hi,

I'm currently using the BA A320 and using the checklist option. I also have the volumes set at 60% via the right MCDU. I'm using the default voicepacks for both pilot and copilot.

A few of the responses from the copilot appear to be played at 100% volume, not taking into account the volume reduction to 60% as mentioned above.

An example of this is the response to the ADIRS checklist item.

I believe it is the volume setting that isn't being used rather than the sound file itself, as the same "Checked" file is being used at other points in the checklists that is played at the correct volume.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Cheers

Phil

Hello

Funny you should mention that. Last night flying and I wondered why is it still happening. It's a small issue, however, if like myself, you like high quality sound and loud, it can be annoying.
But yes, it happens and it has been for a while actually but never thought it to be such a big deal.

Jead

Hi Phil,

we checked and could not find any volume-irregularity based on our programming. May I summarize you are using the default (standard) voicepack with the female PM and referring to her call "Checked" - as per attachment? Please check........ because this is the standard volume.....How does this sound on your sound system?

Regards,

Rolf

ASC_PnF_Checked.wav

Hi Rolf,

I've gone through the checklist in detail and got the exact callouts that are "shouting" at me! Sorry, the "checked" example above was wrong (I wasn't at my FS PC at the time of writing!)

This is with the following options:

PF and PnF - standard sound sets

Checklist - ON

Copilot - OFF

The responses by the PF are the ones that are loud (I've put them in uppercase and red below) :

In the Cockpit Prep checklist :

(PnF) Probe Window Heat - (PF) AUTO

(PnF) Adirs - (PF) SET TO NAV

In the After Start checklist :

(PF) Rudder full right - (PF) NEUTRAL

In the Before Takeoff checklist :

(PnF) Tcas - (PF) TA/RA TILT ABOVE

Sorry for the confusion earlier, hopefully this is the details you need!

Cheers

Phil

Hi Rolf,

Also whilst on this subject I would like to kindly ask about the sound wave ASC_PF_TARA_TiltA. The wave sounds fine in volume when you compare it with the other in the ASC folder. However when it is played on either the IAE/CFM it is much louder in volume?

This is using the standard PF file, it appears that it was recorded at a higher level, but as I said in comparison against the other files in the folder it is ok, so not sure why it is almost shouted out when in the VC.

Thanks

Hi,

just some additional questions.

• Do you also have this problem e.g. the volume of some of the calls is too high if you set the COPILOT to ON?
  • What are your sound settings in FSX / P3D - please send us a screenshot?
  • What kind of system are you using: Headphone, 2 or 4 loudspeakers?

Please also have a look intpo the following thread: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/86432-sound-issues/?hl=sound The problem for me is that I cannot reproduce this issue and we also found nothing relevant looking into the code......

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf

The Co Pilot is confirmed on...it is the PF voice that gets raised.

Using speakers set to stereo 2 speakers used plus sub woofer.

Screen shot as requested.

As I said the voice suddenly goes louder for the particular call

Thank you

post-94908-0-33229600-1425126782_thumb.j

Hi Hanse,

The sounds are loud with copilot on also.

All my sound sliders are set to the value 10 using <Defualt Primary Device> (in FSX).

I'm using a headset connected to a Logitech set of speakers that have their own headphone/mic jacks.

Note that if I set the right MCDU sound values (Checklist PF and Checklist PM) to 100% then all calls are played at the same value. So it appears that the calls I've listed in my previous post are not respecting this setting and alwayhs playing at the recorded level.

Cheers

Phil

Archived