Basic airbus extended vor questions

Racer10

Is it possible to modify the course and change the cdi on the airbus extended

I know that i can enter the freq and enter the crs on the fms page

But i wonder if there is a knob somewhere that allows me to change the course cdi on the vor

Also No matter what i do i cannot get the autopilot to track the vor.

( even after i put the freq and crs on on the nav rad page

) is there a manual adjustment somewhere for the cdi, maybe i missed it in the manual

How do i get the ap to track the vor like in a basic aircraft

( sort of like the old fashioned basic way )

Peter

some thing to read: LINK

work arounds:

number 1:

Often a VOR is also a GPS Point. Go to the "PROG" page and enter on the right side TO [ ] the name of the VOR. On the left you will see the BRG / DIST. So now you now where and how far away it is.

number 2:

if it's close to your position and it will fit in your navigation display (ND).

go to NAV/RAD page and enter you name of freq. the VOR will now be displayes in your ND display and you fly headings or track to fly to or away from the VOR.

number 3

make a small route in your flightplan like

VOR / bearing / distance

DCT

VOR

DCT

VOR / bearing / distance

This would display you the inbound and outbound radial of a VOR. And you can follow the radials like a normal company route.

number 4

If you want to fly direct a VOR, got to the DIR page and enter the Name and you fly at least direct to it. (if it's also a GPS point)

THANKS!

Very helpful , what is interesting is that the autopilot actually has a vor button so i thought it would be possible to track the vor

That was why i thought it would be possible to track the radial.

regards Pete

The loc ttracks rhe localizer course. It is used in LOC approaches or when outside the GS security area to prevent false GS captures.

Archived