Hello all,

I tried to dig this on the manual but did have no success.

When planning a new flight how wondering what's the difference between STD and ETD. Usually STD is filled after destination aerodrome is set, but ETD is blank, so I was wondering the difference between both and how's that have impact on my flight planning.

Thanks

Std is scheduled time of departure, etd is estimated time of departure. Your ETD may be the same, earlier or later than your STD, and the ETD along with the EET (estimated elapsed time) will determine your Estimated Time of Arrival and will aid you in seeing if your flight will be on time etc

Thanks for the reply,

I know in fact the definition of STD/ETD,so if I understood correctly, STD is used in PFPX if you have a list of schedule flights and you want to use ETD if the flight will depart earlier or after the STD.

In case we not put nothing on ETD I assume that PFPX will put STD=ETD...

Yes, however if you leave the ETD field blank PFPX will not fill it in for you it will remain blank on the OFP and you may not get the ETA, only the STA.

Yeah EET is enroute time, sorry was typing from my phone.

Yes, however if you leave the ETD field blank PFPX will not fill it in for you it will remain blank on the OFP and you may not get the ETA, only the STA.

Yeah EET is enroute time, sorry was typing from my phone.

Using the default PFPX OFP the ETD and ETA entries are populated without entering an ETD:

ENZV/SVG STD 07:35 ETD 07:35
EDDH/HAM STA 08:50 ETA 09:00

Archived