Entering Altitude Constraints in the FMGC

Arz2934

Hi Everyone,

I just bought the Airbus Extended and I am having a lot of fun with the addon, but I just have one question. I've done a search on the forums and read through the provided documentation, but I haven't found any answers to what I have to ask. I'm used to flying Boeing aircraft where I can enter in altitude constraints by typing in A or B for at or above, or at or below after the altitude.

I have figured out how to type in at or above, and at or below constraints (MIN 5000 would be +5000), but how would I enter those constraints which are in between two altitudes. For example, look at the waypoint "ROPPR" on the chart that I linked below. The constraint is above 4800 but below 7000. In the FMGC, it is entered as 7000-4800, but if I try the same format for another waypoint, I get a "BAD FORMAT" error in the FMGC.

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/LAS/DP/BOACH+FIVE+(RNAV)/pdf

I apologize if I accidentally overlooked a forum post which answered this exact question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arzaan Khairulla

Hi Everyone,

I just bought the Airbus Extended and I am having a lot of fun with the addon, but I just have one question. I've done a search on the forums and read through the provided documentation, but I haven't found any answers to what I have to ask. I'm used to flying Boeing aircraft where I can enter in altitude constraints by typing in A or B for at or above, or at or below after the altitude.

I have figured out how to type in at or above, and at or below constraints (MIN 5000 would be +5000), but how would I enter those constraints which are in between two altitudes. For example, look at the waypoint "ROPPR" on the chart that I linked below. The constraint is above 4800 but below 7000. In the FMGC, it is entered as 7000-4800, but if I try the same format for another waypoint, I get a "BAD FORMAT" error in the FMGC.

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/LAS/DP/BOACH+FIVE+(RNAV)/pdf

I apologize if I accidentally overlooked a forum post which answered this exact question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arzaan Khairulla

You cant enter Between constrains into MCDU. The between constrain must come from the Navdata.

Archived