P3DV4 Stuck at starting screen...need help. Found the Solution.

flyblueskies

Hello,

I'm new to SimStarter after just purchasing it. It ran well for a couple of days, now P3DV4.3 is stuck at this screen:

Please login to display this image.

It started after I went into Scenery ConfigSets to look around. I did not make any new scenery sets and I did not change anything. I closed this screen, and then clicked Run Profile (I only have the original profile created after installing SimStarter NG).

1. When P3DV4 ran, it said Creating Indexes...I made the mistake of going into SimStarter NG and clicking into Scenery ConfigSets while P3DV4 was creating the new scenery index.

2. P3DV4 then became STUCK at 32%.

3. I closed P3DV4 using Task Manager.

4. I started SimStarter and clicked Run Profile, which started P3DV4...it never got past the screen shot above.

5. I then closed P3DV4 down using the Task Manager.

6. I went into SimStarter and clicked TOOLS, Clear Facilities/Scenery Indexes.

7. I started P3DV4 by clicking Run Profile, but again, it is stuck at the start screen as shown in the screen shot above.

8. I then closed P3DV4 by using the Task Manager, and then closed SimStarter.

9. I then renamed the SimStarter DATA folder to DATA - PROBLEM and then renamed my backup data folder to DATA.

10. Restarted SimStarter and clicked Run Profile. P3DV4 is still stuck at the starting screen as shown in the screen shot above. When I say stuck, I mean after 20 minutes, this screen still shows with no other changes.

I have repaired P3DV4 CLIENT, SCENERY, and CONTENT. However, it still is stuck at the Screenshot above.

I could really use some help with this...

EDIT: Found the problem.

As usually happens, just after I make a post, I figure it out. I had to place a checkmark for Scenery ConfigSet 1. I don't believe I had to initially do this...but appears to be the case once I went into Scenery Config Sets. I wanted to share this in case someone else experiences this...

Please login to display this image.

Thank you.

• Developer

But I don't belive that SIMstarter NG has been the root cause for this issue. With P3D v4.3 a lot of people reporting sometimes this issue.

Checking / Unchecking the ScenerySet only sets an option at an internal configuration file for SIMstarter NG. This does not affect P3D.

Nevertheless I am happy if the sim is working again. :-)

Archived