Airbus problems

JPotholer

I recently purchased a triple pack from Steam of Airbus 318, to 321 with RAAS tools but they unable to fly due to the fact that the ecam screens upper and lower are blank.  I've reported this to Steam after unable to gain a refund, apparently too much time was spent un-installing and re-installing to try to correct the problem.

Is there a fix to cure this I'm using Windows XP, quad core amd athlon 3.4MHz.

regards

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

you need to install SimConnect which comes with your simulator. I assume you are using FSX:SE, so you will find the two installers to be used here:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1

Hi Tom A320

Thanks for the reply.  Already been through the procedure of installing Sim-Connect and reinstalling FSX as well as the airbus, that's why I overstepped the time allowed for a refund.  However: if I could solve the problem I would much prefer a working airbus to a refund.

regards

Joseph Pearson 

• Deputy Sheriffs

And you can confirm that you used the simconnect installers from the above given link and not some other installers downloaded from somewhere in the internet?

Hi Tom.

The sim connect set would be from the validation of the files for FSX-SE when I re-installed.  If you could supply a link for new files the FSX_SE file are dated 2015 I could download and install new ones.

regards

Joseph 

Hi Tom

deleted sim-connect and validated FSX-SE files which replaces and installs sim connect and still the ecam is blank.

Thanks for all you time spent Tom.  Not one word from steam support.

Not happy, all these airbuses in the hanger and not one will fly.

Joseph 

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, JPotholer said:

Is there a fix to cure this I'm using Windows XP, quad core amd athlon 3.4MHz.

I just figured what the problem here is: it's your Windows XP. The current Airbus series is not compatible with Windows XP anymore, as the AS product page states correctly:

The Steam page though says something else, and actually give wrong information not only in regard of the supported Windows version. This has been reported to Steam several times but they haven't updated their product page.

If you ask me you should get in touch with Steam support to get a refund because of wrong promises.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thx for the info and hopefully Dovetail updates their productpage. ;)

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived