SimStarterNG v1401 - ASCA not closing after AS16 is killed

Ray Proudfoot

I have both AS16 and ASCA. I understand ASCA starts automatically after AS16 and closes when AS16 is closed. I can confirm that works fine.

However in SimStarterNG v1401 I use RunManager to start AS16 as well as P3D v3.4 and I select the option to end the program when the sim ends.

But once P3D is closed AS16 also closes shortly afterwards but ASCA remains running. Is the Kill action causing AS16 not to close ASCA? if so how can this be solved?

I have also asked the question in the HiFi forum as I'm not sure which program needs a change or whether there is another solution.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not sure, but in general support is only given for the latest release of a software. As I do not own ASCA I cant check it. But how is ASCA forced to be closed after closing AS16? Some setting in AS16 or commandline option?

Understood you only support the latest version but until I have P3D v4 I have no imminent need to update SimStarterNG.

Kostas of HiFi has confirmed 'killing' AS16 will not allow it to close ASCA. I can't see an option in the AS16 interface to control this so it must be an internal thing.

I'm going to try loading it via FSUIPC but without the kill option. That might solve it. I'll report back.

I've just tested my theory by removing AS16 from the RunManager and adding it to the [Programs] section of FSUIPC4.ini with the CLOSE command instead of the KILL option used by SimStarterNG.

I'm pleased to report AS16 and ASCA are both closed in a tidy fashion when P3D is closed using this method. Perhaps this info could be passed to the author of SimStarterNG so the user has the option of either KILL or CLOSE in RunManager.

• Developer

If you are looking to "Extended settings" tab you will find an option that will perform an start of Active Sky. AS will start ASCA. In this case SIMstarter NG will close both of them. In case of using the RunConfigSet you will start only Active Sky which will be closed but not ASCA. So please use "Extended Settings" > Active Sky.

3 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Any news on that?

Yes, sorry for not replying sooner. Extended Settings sorted the problem. AS16 and ASCA both start and terminate when P3D closes. I'm happy. Thank you. :)

Archived