Transitions not appearing

mikeody

Am slowly getting to grips with flight planning with the A320.

For some reason I am not seeing any Transitions when I select RWY and STAR - even though I know they exist.

Am up to date with AIRAC.

For example RWY 8R at EGKK has a WILLO3B STAR and a WILLO Transition, yet when I want to add these to my Flight Plan I see no reference to the WILLO Transition.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks,

Mike Ody

Oddly enough I flew this approach the other day and I noticed the same thing. I just put it down to having selected the WILLO3B STAR, be default it includes the WILLO transition, so there was no need to enter a transition. I also noticed that the waypoints within the STAR corresponded pretty much correctly with the waypoints ProATC was displaying, apart from 1 waypoint, which I just entered in manually.

Do make sure you scroll back up to the beginning of the approach list to see the transitions on the right side of the lists for the approach you've chosen. Also, according to the current chart, WILLO is not a transition - it's an optional hold point after HOLLY and the WILLO approaches are for all runways. See the chart on NATS AIS for a better picture.

DJ

Archived