IAE Models Won't Slow Down!

Jezb

Hi

I'm sure I've seen this elsewhere but couldn't find a solution.  I love flying the Airbuses but I'm having to only fly the CFM's - I want to fly the BA ones on UK routes.

The CFM versions are flawless for me but the IAEs give me the following problems:  On approach with everything in 'managed' mode the IAE buses won't slow down....I'm often finding myself doing 200kt at 5nm and high on the approach.  If I fly the approach using 'selected' speed and set Vapp on the glareshield it still won't slow.

I'm Following the exact same procedure as I would using the CFM buses that normally get me right on the loc/gs at the right approach speed.

I've tried tweaking the drag factors (seen suggested elsewhere) in the config file but it doesn't do much.

I tried again last night to see if it was something I was doing - even disconnecting autothrottle and putting my throttle lever to idle with spoilers out the IAE A320 just wouldn't slow lower than 190 kts - it made for an 'interesting' landing.

Please any suggestions (I've done the usual remove, reinstall that has made no difference)

Running V1.31 on Windows 8.1 FSX Steam Edition

thanks

Jez

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - anyone?  Tried another flight tonight - same thing - IAE a320 won't slow down below around 200kts on approach either managed or selected speed and even with autothrust turned off.

Really spoiling my enjoyment of the package :(

Hey

Thats the problem which already has been discussed in here:

Especially the A320 IAE has this problem sometimes, never happened with the A321 to me and it doesn't happen on every flight. You may avoid it by switching to selected mode for speed AND altitude. Only then the engines will slow down to idle.

Maybe this behaviour will be changed in SP4 but until then it isn't fun to fly the A320 IAE

The A320IAE is certainly harder to slow down in real life than the CFM version, to evaluate your reports it would be good if any of you could do a small video of what you see exactly.

In our tests the A320IAE performed pretty close to what our real pilots reported.
Of course there could be interfering addons or strange tweaks which alter the behaviour we saw on our testsystems and with our besttesters on some usercomputers, so please let us know some more details about your systems, your addons, etc.

IIRC the IDLE thrust in the V2500 engine was rather high and thus smaller models with it were rather tricky to control on approach. The heavier A321 on the other side was not that much of a problem due to the additional weight.

Archived