PRICING - Box/CD vs Download

Bill Freeborn

A question which has probably been asked before but I can't find the topic, so...

Why are Box/CD versions priced lower than the Download versions?

With a DL, there are no costs for a CD, a printed manual or packaging, and yet it is more expensive to buy.

Example, GAP1 C$44.99 vs C$51.77; SG3 $44.99 vs C$47.85

How come?

Regards,

Bill Freeborn

• Aerosoft
A question which has probably been asked before but I can't find the topic, so...

Why are Box/CD versions priced lower than the Download versions?

With a DL, there are no costs for a CD, a printed manual or packaging, and yet it is more expensive to buy.

Example, GAP1 C$44.99 vs C$51.77; SG3 $44.99 vs C$47.85

How come?

Regards,

Bill Freeborn

It has been asked before and it is a complex topic for us.

First off all, the costs of box, cd, manual etc is probably less than you would think if you order in the amounts we use. Second, sending the file from our FTP servers to your machine is done on our costs, and believe me, that is far from cheap. Third, when you order the box you will have to pay shipping and sales tax (when applicable) so in the end the prices will be far more equal for most customers.

But that does not explain everything. There is also the simple fact we are seriously trying to gain a better market share on the US/ Canadian market and when possible will try to offer customers the best possible prices. You will also note that the issue is mostly found on products we do not fully control (so not developed internally). This is because of contracts with the developers.