FSX Ship traffic problems, please help

EDDM

Hello,

I am running FSX acceleration on a Win 7 64bit OS, Nvidia GTX 780 Graphics. I have installed the freeware ship packages by Hendrick Nielsen, and have about 100 ship traffic bgl files in my World/Scenery. In the simobjects/boats folder, all ships and the corresponding sim cfg entries are there,

I have deleted the default boatstraffic.bgl in the world/scenery folder. When running FSX, all sliders in the settings are maxed out, ship/ferry traffic is set to 100%.

I checked wether the simobjects/boats folder ist activated in the FSX.cfg, and it is.

Now, the leisure boats are showing, but not a single large ship, I tried in the same time to switch leisure boat traffic to 0% and maxed it out again, while having the ferry traffic at 100%, but still no ferries/ships appearing. CHecking it with traffictools toolbox, there also appears not a single ship at and any place in the world.

I also have WoAi ai-aircraft and flighplans installed (also in world/scenery), and it's running without problems.

I ask myself wether I have to set the Type setting in the boats sim.cfg from boat to aircraft in order to make them appear as traffic??

I also googled this problem, and found a few threads on avsim's forums, but no one has given a solution to this problem, so I hope someone here has a hint, or information on that.

Please help

Thanks

EDDM

The problem is the WOAi use fs9 traffic files and the boats of Hendrik is true fsx traffic files,the one dont work with the other.

Use this program fs9 to fsx to convert your WOAi to fsx files,all your bgls in world scenery of WOAi,you must have java installed for it to work.

Unzip with winrar v5.0 or 7zip.

FS9-FSX Traffic.zip

The problem is the WOAi use fs9 traffic files and the boats of Hendrik is true fsx traffic files,the one dont work with the other.

Use this program fs9 to fsx to convert your WOAi to fsx files,all your bgls in world scenery of WOAi,you must have java installed for it to work.

Unzip with winrar v5.0 or 7zip.

Thanks for your answer. But what has WoAi to do with ship traffic? I do not have any problems with my WoAi Ai Air-traffic. What impact does airtraffic have on shiptraffic? The shiptraffic bgl's have a different structure than airtraffic bgl's. Why do I need to convert working aircraft traffic bgl's to make shiptraffic visible?

WOAI installs FS9 traffic files. If you have even 1 FS9 traffic file then all FSX traffic files are disabled, including any boat traffic. To get this FSX traffic back you can use AI Flight Planner (AIFP) to convert the FS9 schedules to FSX.

WOAI installs FS9 traffic files. If you have even 1 FS9 traffic file then all FSX traffic files are disabled, including any boat traffic. To get this FSX traffic back you can use AI Flight Planner (AIFP) to convert the FS9 schedules to FSX.

-yes. I see. I think this is the answer I was looking for, for a longt time. Thank you very much.

Archived