Worries about Heathrow

bsabaric

Hello wonderful Aerosoft people :D

I've seen your section of FSX sceneries and seen your pre-orders for Heathrow. Now, I've noticed it is being build for FSX. OK. That's something you would expect from Grand Masters as you are, but my question is: Will it be compatible with FS2004? :(

Call me oldfashioned, relic of the good old times, but I like to fly in FS2004 (just check my web following the link at the bottom). I don't think I'll be flying in FSX for a year or two, so in the meantime would like to touchdown at Heathrow in Aerosoft style.

Please, make it so...

• Aerosoft
Hello wonderful Aerosoft people :D

I've seen your section of FSX sceneries and seen your pre-orders for Heathrow. Now, I've noticed it is being build for FSX. OK. That's something you would expect from Grand Masters as you are, but my question is: Will it be compatible with FS2004? :(

Call me oldfashioned, relic of the good old times, but I like to fly in FS2004. I don't think I'll be flying in FSX for a year or two, so in the meantime would like to touchdown at Heathrow in Aerosoft style.

Please, make it so...

No promise there old chump, commercially FS2004 is dead as a dodo as none of the distributors wants to stock add-ons for it. So developing for that platform has to be seen as a hobby by the developers, not as a commercial project. It's a cruel fact, but true, you will not find a lot of add-ons to spend your FS2004 money on in the next two years. Certainly not as backwards compatibility is not what MS told us.

Hello Mathjis

I am an owner of the FS9 and I am very happy with that. I download the FSX demo and I wasn't really that impressed. (Usually the demo shows the best of the product).

It is a shame you cannot make the Heathrow addon for FS9, surely the company would still make money. It doesn't mean because the FSX has arrived that everything else should die. Yes, I agree that perhaps the FS9 will be dead as a dodo next year but it is still the favourite of most people judging by comments I have been reading on different forums.

It is like buying a BMW 2 years ago and the new model comes this year and the manufacturer says we cannot make any part for the old one because the old one is dead now and you have to buy the new one. :)

If Aerosoft make Heathrow edition for FS9 I would still think they would make money without a doubt. Infact I would buy it first. :D

Kind regards

Mo

No promise there old chump, commercially FS2004 is dead as a dodo as none of the distributors wants to stock add-ons for it. So developing for that platform has to be seen as a hobby by the developers, not as a commercial project. It's a cruel fact, but true, you will not find a lot of add-ons to spend your FS2004 money on in the next two years. Certainly not as backwards compatibility is not what MS told us.

Yes, that's a sad fact. But, I remember how it was when FS2004 seen the daylight. I was using FS2002 and gradually transferring my FS world in better environment. But it took me 2-3 years. Now that I have perfect set-up (well, except Aerosoft Heathrow), Microsoft messed up everything :evil: Just kidding. I accept the fact that we must move on, but I believe that MS must release better SDK so that developers could make more compatible add-ons during period of this critical transition. After 2-3 years nobody will make this questions. Everybody will fly in FSX anyway. But then FSXI will arrive, and circle will be completed. Oh sweet sorrow, oh seet pain...

Viva revolucion :twisted:

It is a shame you cannot make the Heathrow addon for FS9, surely the company would still make money. It doesn't mean because the FSX has arrived that everything else should die. Yes, I agree that perhaps the FS9 will be dead as a dodo next year but it is still the favourite of most people judging by comments I have been reading on different forums.

It's true, BUT to make a scenery completely following the FSX style of design will take a lot more work to redo it/parts of it for full FS9 compatiblity, which doesn't make good commercial sense in most cases. Time is money. Aren't there existing Heathrow addons for FS9?

I'm wondering if Aerosft it taking a second look at how detailed they are used to making their designs considering the low headroom that FSX gives you, especially with detailed large airports.

Hi Michael

I can understand your point, I do have a version of Heathrow but I prefer the Aerosoft one.

Also, if the FS9 is as Mathjis said is 'dead as a dodo' then they should sell their products for FS9 80% cheaper not 15%. :) If they sell it as 15% off that means that there must be people around to spend the money on FS9. :)

Regards,

Hi Michael

I can understand your point, I do have a version of Heathrow but I prefer the Aerosoft one.

Also, if the FS9 is as Mathjis said is 'dead as a dodo' then they should sell their products for FS9 80% cheaper not 15%. :) If they sell it as 15% off that means that there must be people around to spend the money on FS9. :)

Regards,

FS9 is not dead by far :!: FSX should be called FSUX until there's a decent patch to make it run properly :!: My guess s that FS9 addons will be around for a long time.

If addon publishers take their FS9 products away from their shops, they're doing a major mistake.

Best

FS9 is not dead by far :!: FSX should be called FSUX until there's a decent patch to make it run properly :!: My guess s that FS9 addons will be around for a long time.

If addon publishers take their FS9 products away from their shops, they're doing a major mistake.

Best

I believe the publishers still now best what they are doing. They aren't stupid.

Besides, FSX actually runs properly, if handled correctly. :D

It is tedious to read the constant rants from people with either ancient or corrupt hard/software about FSX not delivering ... :roll:

I believe the publishers still now best what they are doing. They aren't stupid.

Besides, FSX actually runs properly, if handled correctly. :D

It is tedious to read the constant rants from people with either ancient or corrupt hard/software about FSX not delivering ... :roll:

I can assure you I haven't got ancient or corrupt hardware/software. Spending hours tweaking config files/resizing images to get FSX to run at say 20 FPS can be considered corrupt software from the outset :!:

Thankyou