Park brake set

Roby-Fir

I'm fighting this problem: The cecklist program do not recognize PARK BRAKE ON and do not start automatically to the next item.
In the situation of ckp prep cl, is possible to skip the item, but after the engines start pushback, the marshall ask for a never ending "parking
brakes set to ON" and do not pass to the after engines start cl; it is possibile to continue only starting the state of "taxiing CL", in this case
loosing the previous settings in fuel and load, or setting cecklist to off. The parking brake set sign is properly shown in the ECAM.
This situation is common to every model and engine type.
My system is a I7, 16GB memory, W7 ultimate 64, The bundle installed is the 1.21c. Tried many fresh install, without result.
No other problem experienced in "flying" the BUS.
Any advise from more experienced fellows? Many thanks in advance

• Deputy Sheriffs

Obviously you didn't work through the checklist in the exact order. Please try again and stick to the exact order in the checklist and do not do one step before the others are completed.

Belive in me Sir,nothing in life is obvious.

Sorry to tell, now nothing remain but to send the bird to maintenance for an evident failure in software.

I don't know the reason, but the CL procedure do not recognize the" Park brake set". At that point Hyd and pressure are OK, the ECAM shows the right signal.

In fact of CL; I was well trained to use and follows them with care and brain in, no other considerations admitted. The CL I used are yellow and printed in plastified sheets in a metal ring.

May be I'm wrong in something concerning installation or hardware or I don't know what, but certainly I don't miss any of the procedure concerning the bus.

BTW, automatic progression of CL excluded, experiencing the complexity of systems and the required procedure in terms of emulation of the real aircraft, is a remarkable occurrence.

Much more than the "low price" simulation assumed by Aerosoft's managers.

For this reason I need to thank you all, for the program and mainly for the community.

How do you set the brakes to ON?

• Are you using the mouse and do it on the pedestal with a mouse click,
  • Are you using the keyboard command CMD plus full stop
  • Did you assign a command on the joystick

But you can test if the settings are recognized because a message should appear on the upper ECAM if parking brakes are set....

Regards,

Rolf

Thanks Rolf for your attention, it is a confirmation of the care you deserve to yours simmers.

The matter is that the CL program stops every time parking brake set is required, and the action is continuosly called, despite the message PARK BRK ON is shown on the ECAM and the iron realy stops. I use every way: the pedestal lever, the KB cmd, and a command on the joystick. No way is effective.

The Brake is set, the plane don't move, the click is heard, the ECAM show the right indication, but the CL do not recognize the action already done. It is common to every situation in which Parking brake set is required.

I reinstall t three times, with no result. Every time the situation don't change.

In other side "flying" the 'bus - calling and executing the CL by myself - is quite perfect; all system are perfectly simulated and every shift is a pleasure. In particulary I'm impressed by the realism of the Autothrottle in turning and in short final, particularly in windy situation.

I don't know what is the reason for this skew. Not that it depends from the poor FO's healt, he continuosly coughs and sneezes and .... perhaps forget to set the Park Brake ON. (ahahaha)

Sorry to bother you Sir, after all the automated CL are only an opportunity, not a condition to completely enjoy the dream to fly a very modern and complex 'plane.

Hope you can help.

Robert

We never had problems with the parking brakes - so until now it seems that you are the only one. But anyway we will have a look into this subject. To find out if those are really the brakes could you do us a favour and try to use the SKIP ITEM function in the checklist e. g. we would like to know if after skipping the item the CL proceeds......

Regards,

Rolf

Affirmative. The problem is when the option SKIP ITEM is no more available.

Please consider that the action PRK BRK SET is visibly executed in automatic, but the CL call don't stop to request.

Selecting cekclist to OFF don't have effect and a delayed action is announced. The only way is to change the status.

It seems to me a skew between items in the cecklist routine.

More information by me: The FSX program is installed in a dedicated disk, where no other programs are present, I excluded FSX from the AV.

Sorry to be the only one, this offer me the privilege to have your dedicated attention, Thank you for your time.

Best regards

Robert

So let us be much specific.

• How are you setting the parking brakes? Manually on the Pedestal or using a keyboard commend = CMD and . (full stop)
  • Do you see the FSX message (on the left lower corner of your screen) that the parking brakes are set?
  • If not do you see this message using p.e. an FSX standard plane?

Regards,

Rolf

Thank you:

1. Both

2.No, in the fsx.cfg the red label is disabled,

3.the same. Parking brake is effective in stopping the aircraft in stock and in every other model I bought and installed, aerosoft airbus included.

The problem insist only in the internal program related to the automated cecklist, called or executed by the co-pilot function.

Seems to me that the action related to parking brake is correctly executed by the aircraft itself, ECAM included, but not by the CL's program.

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert,

thanks for the information. Now it becomes quite clear to me that this is neither a handling nor a problem of the checklist. You made various new installations so this is also not related to a faulty installation and as you are the only one of thousands of users it must have something to do with your FSX installation. We had a similar case where a tweaked fsx.cfg caused the problem. According to our experience the only tweal which should be made / added is the HIGHMEMFIX tweak.

Therefore I suggest to rename your current fsx.cfg and then start FSX again. FSX will create a complete new fsx.cfg. Add the HIGHMEMFIX and then see what happens. Then you should have the red tables at the lower corner of your screen again. If also then the parking brakes are not recognized by the CL I have no more clue how to help you.

Regards,

Rolf

Thank you sir for your time and consideration.

Following your instructions the problem is now solved and finally I can appreciate the simulation completely.

Great support as usual. Best regards

Robert

Archived