Some notes regarding 1.21

Clorix

I saw that the new fresh installers were made available recently so I went by the instructions to reinstall my A318/319/320/321 aircraft (uninstall, restart computer, turn off AV, reinstall, restart computer, defrag, turn on AV, etc.) I did a quick flight, probably 45 minutes or so, and took some notes about things I found. I don't know if these are necessarily because of something I did, or if they're bugged. No idea. Anyway, here's what I wrote down:

• IRS did not align the first time I loaded the aircraft. I did everything just as I did before upgrading to 1.20b. I reloaded the flight, and the IRS aligned successfully.
  • Before getting in the air, I noticed the standby PFD was .01 off of the main QNH setting (main QNH was showing 29.92, standby PFD was showing 29.91). This was after pressing B to automatically set it.
  • The standby PFD went crazy for me just like what many others have noted (where it goes to minimum regardless of how you try to set it, whether manually or by pressing B). I did change the weather mid-flight to check out the weather radar, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.
  • The cockpit lights can be turned on WITHOUT any power in the aircraft. I made sure the APU was off, the batteries were off, and that there was no ground connections available, and the lights are still able to be turned on. I didn't check other lights (such as landing lights, tail lights, etc.).
  • While in any of the wing views, the engine sounds are deafening. This might be able to be fixed by changing FSX's audio settings, but it was a real shock to hear just how loud they were. I made no adjustments to any sound settings (or any settings for that matter) before or after installing the update.

Thanks for the great aircraft! I honestly enjoy flying the Airbuses, and I hope they keep getting better! I just figured I'd see what was going on with these things I noticed. Hope everyone has a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

With regard to the lights this is done so that in a cold and dark state you can see how to turn on the batteries etc. It isn't accurate and they know it isn't but it replicates the use of a torch when in C&D state at night.

Archived