libsteam_api.dylib error steam

angelus1024

After today update via steam i have this pop up window running under mac/os

SteamAPI library not found

I could not find the libsteam_api.dylib under Resources/dlls
The X-Plane Steam edition requires this library to work correctly

But the file is there.

Same exact problem I have. Today Steam upgraded x-plane and now I have the problem you describe. I sent a bug report to x-plane.com. I wanted tech support, but they either have Bug Reports or Customer Service. So I sent a Bug Report anyway in hopes to have a solution. Well, I guess it is technically a bug, right?

Hello,

in some cases an active antivir or firewall program during the update is the reason. Can you check it?

And please check the File integrity of X-Plane 10 and check an update for the STEAM application.

How to do a file integrity test i have described here (point 8):

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/83728-faq-x-plane-10-steam-version/

Additionally i will contact our experts for the problem....

Greets Heinz

Thanks for the reply, Heinz!

I have no antivirus and no firewall. My Steam application is up to date, no new version to download. I did the integrity test with the following result:
1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired
After that, same result:
"SteamAPI library not found I could not find the libsteam_api.dylib under Resources/dlls

The X-Plane Steam edition requires this library to work correctly."

I ran again twice the verifying of integrity of game cache twice and restarted my computer after each. These two times there were no files that failed to validate, but at the end X-Plane still had the problem.

I wonder if the one file that failed to validate the first verification would've failed a verification before the upgrade and if it had anything to do with the problem that started happening right after Steam upgraded X-Plane.

Today has been a long day trying to figure out what's wrong.

Please, Heinz, any new info about this problem would be appreciated a lot.

Thanks.

I have exactly same issue, I tried validating game cache several times, and then tried moving different versions of libsteam_api.dylib around (there is one found in X-Plane.app/Contents/MacOS). Finally a working solution (or rather, a workaround) is to launch the game from terminal:

cd "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/X-Plane 10"
echo 292180 > steam_appid.txt
./X-Plane.app/Contents/MacOS/X-Plane

Hope this helps until there is a proper fix.

Heinz, angelus2014, w31rd0,

Just got an email (actually, two emails) from X-Plane:

The first one is a response from a question I sent asking where to get tech support and says that I should refer to aerosoft tech support (email address provided).

The second one is a response to the bug report I sent, therefore, not coming from the same person as the first email I got, but I digress. He says they got a couple of reports (mine and other) regarding this problem. They are aware of it and that a new patch to fix this will be released.

Hello,

yes, this seems to be an update problem. And there is a patch (Rollback to X-Plane 10.30). To solve the problem, please run X-Plane again to get the update.
Or do with STEAM an update for X-Plane 10 manually.
Additionally you can check the file integrity :

Greets Heinz

Hello hukes,

we (Aerosoft) do the first X-Plane 10 Support.

If we cannot solve the problem.... than Laminar Research.

But Bug Reports are for Laminar.

Greets Heinz

:)

Yes, you can post and or new topics for a new theme here in the X-Plane 10 Forum for support or discussions. It is the quickest way i think, because here are many other users with good knowledge.

In many cases more than i... and a possible solution will be read by many other users...

And you can open a ticket here (german too):

https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Subject: X-Plane 10. So the ticket will be assigned to me.

Greets Heinz

Archived