Freight dogs problems

BjornO

Greetings.

I bought Freight Dogs recently, and I'm enjoying it very much. I have Misty Fjords/Tongass Fjords, and have downloaded the FS Cargo files for all of those airports as well as cabins etc. in the area.

However, sometimes FD simply ends with a message similar to 'The FS time has been altered. Freight Dogs will now be terminated with a score of 0.' I haven't altered the time in any way.

Another issue: When reaching dusk and FS loads/refreshes the textures to night textures/lights etc., 1 hour is added to the Freight Dogs flight time, so when arriving it says you have used one hour more than you actually have.

Are these known issues, and a patch available from somewhere?

Regards,

Bjørn O.

• Aerosoft
Greetings.

I bought Freight Dogs recently, and I'm enjoying it very much. I have Misty Fjords/Tongass Fjords, and have downloaded the FS Cargo files for all of those airports as well as cabins etc. in the area.

However, sometimes FD simply ends with a message similar to 'The FS time has been altered. Freight Dogs will now be terminated with a score of 0.' I haven't altered the time in any way.

Another issue: When reaching dusk and FS loads/refreshes the textures to night textures/lights etc., 1 hour is added to the Freight Dogs flight time, so when arriving it says you have used one hour more than you actually have.

Are these known issues, and a patch available from somewhere?

Regards,

Bjørn O.

Bjørn, I am going to ask the Product Manager for FD to answer these questions.

Thank you, but I don't think it will be necessary. I've kind of narrowed it down to being a problem with Active Sky 6 and the way it sometimes adjusts the time in FS to reset the AI etc. The strange part is that it still happens when I uncheck all the options that should cause these time adjustments, but I'm having another discussion about that at the AS forum... :)

But it would be nice to get this confirmed by the FD developers. Not sure if they have experience with AS themselves, but if they have, they have most likely run into this problem and can give feedback.

Cheers,

Bjørn O.

Hi Bjorn,

thanks for your remarks and sorry for not replying sooner... I was travelling abroad for a few days.

We have had a few reports of other applications 'tinkering' with the internal time in FS, thus offsetting FSCargo. Not much we can do about it I'm afraid, we'll have to work with the data imbedded in FS, and can not know who or what might change it :wink:

For more information on various issues the best place to go is the dedicated FSCargo Support Forum on simFlight:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=223

Kind regards,

Francois

Thank you Francois,

I haven't had much time for flying myself lately, so no worries. :)

I did take one flight a few days ago though, and I didn't have the problem.

If you're interested, this time I unchecked 'Enable ASG Auto-submit', which when checked forces FS to reload other cirrus textures while in flight. This brings up the small 'Loading textures' window with the progress bar. Apparently this was the cause of Freight Dogs quitting, although it should't, as it doesn't alter the time in FS in any way.

I'll do a couple of more flights and ask in the FSCargo forum if I experience problems again.

Cheers,

Bjørn O.