PMDG 747 QOTS Livery

mulletman

Hey All

Did a nice long flight in this aircraft today form SFO to AMS (i have given you lot a lot of money.... :roll: )

But hey, it was woth it. Just one thing bugged me from start to finish. Underneath the aircraft, the leading edge slats and landing gear door textures have no textures. they just appear balnk.

Some other textures in my collection (BA and UA-NC) also look as if they are missing the slat textures and a search of the PMDG (Avsim) forums doenst reveal anything, apart form that im not the only one, and the ANZ textures suffer too.

Im using the DXT3 versions.

Please advise.

Peace and Love,

Fred 'mulletman' Clark.

Hello Fred,

I'll bring this to the attrention of the support department at Aerosoft. GmbH.

Cheers very much. Not a major time problem, as there are other KLM pains if i want them, its just i cant be botherd to download them. Plus there are many more avalale liverys in the package.

Ill fly Virgin again me thinks...

Hello Fred,

I have been informed by Aerosoft GmbH that they are indeed investigating this issue you mention.

again, good to hear. I have a feeling that its only with the DXT3 textures, as this isnt an open problem. i have tried reinstalling the livery's, and downloading it off PMDG, but no luck.

• Administrator

Hello Fred,

after talking to PMDG we were told that some of the early repaints were missing these textures. Download the latest version of those liveries and install those over a fresh install of the 747 should correct the problem.

after talking to PMDG we were told that some of the early repaints were missing these textures. Download the latest version of those liveries and install those over a fresh install of the 747 should correct the problem.

Hate to say it, but i did. no change.

Nevertheless, i did not try uninstalling the first livery install first. Which i shall try now(ish).

Hate to say it, but i did. no change.

Nevertheless, i did not try uninstalling the first livery install first. Which i shall try now(ish).

Right tried uninstalling the livery fist (manually.....) but the problem has not been solved. :cry:

Downlods were taken form PMDG wesite today (United Airlines New, British Airways, and Air India) - all seem to be missing slat textures, and KLM is missing gear doors and slats.

Textures installed were DXT3. i have not tried 32Bit, nor do i intend to, as it will cause unnessacary strain on my system.

Also, none of the modified dates are different on either livery install. (some date back to Dec 2004!)

• Aerosoft

Right tried uninstalling the livery fist (manually.....) but the problem has not been solved. :cry:

Downlods were taken form PMDG wesite today (United Airlines New, British Airways, and Air India) - all seem to be missing slat textures, and KLM is missing gear doors and slats.

Textures installed were DXT3. i have not tried 32Bit, nor do i intend to, as it will cause unnessacary strain on my system.

Also, none of the modified dates are different on either livery install. (some date back to Dec 2004!)

Fred, I think you better talk to PMDG direct (on their forums), cause we have run out of ideas. Of course I can do it and relay the info, but that would just be wasting time.

Fred, I think you better talk to PMDG direct (on their forums), cause we have run out of ideas. Of course I can do it and relay the info, but that would just be wasting time.

As per usual, you are right. :lol: I went through you first (after looking at PMDG) becuse i got the CD form you.

If any new info is given out i will relay it here.