Sound Issues

CaptOwen

Hi all,

Been flying the bus a fair bit recently and although I love the bird I am having some sound problems.

As mentioned before in a previous post, I cannot hear some of the co pilot check-lists. For example, when the co pilot reads out the QNH I hear "1 0 1" instead of "1012". Also a lot of the time all I can hear is "checked" instead of hearing what the actual checklist item is, i.e "APU BLEED...CHECKED".

I've tried running the voice config tool a few times to change the voices but this hasn't resolved the issue.

Also on the previous 2 flights I didn't hear the GPWS system, didn't hear the altitude announce when landing or the throttle retard call.

I've tried to enable/disable sound using the Q key and this sometimes solves the issue intermittently, for example some times I cannot hear the autopilot disconnect sound but if i enable/disable FSX sound using the Q key a few times then I can hear it again.

For info I am using a sound blaster sound card and haven't encountered these issues before with another addon.

Thanks in advance! :)

Owen

**UPDATE**

Just done 3 quick test flights (completely exiting FSX after each circuit). All flights started from Cold/Dark set up.

For 2 flights when the checklists/co-pilot were turned OFF all sounds were correct i.e GPWS/Autopilot disconnect/minimums etc.

For the 1 flight when checklists/co-pilot were turned ON all of the previously mentioned sounds did not play. Also again I sometimes could only hear "checked" and not the item on the checklist that they were actually checking.

I'm more of a checklist OFF person anyway so it's not a huge deal but it would be good to get to the bottom of it :)

Owen

Hey Doogie,

Thanks for the suggestion but I've looked at my sound card settings and windows sound settings and all effects are off and I've confirmed that the device is set up for headphones.

Owen,

sorry but I have no idea but could cause the problems on your system. If it is not an installation problem (maybe you should uninstall the A318/319 using the Windows functionality and install the A318/319 with ADMIN rights again) then it could be only a problem with your sound settings. Please check those according to the screenshot attached e.g. use the Default Primary Device .......

post-30406-0-32549800-1412873632_thumb.j

Regards,

Rolf

The fix for me is to start my PC with headphones set as default in windows then I set up in Airbus and once loaded and set to cold and dark , I then changed windows sound default to Speakers, then go into FSXinto the fsx sound page above, untick and then retick one of the tick boxes, and the sound then works perfectly every time,

If I dont do this I get lots of the check list missing, I dont have to do it for any other addons

found by accident as I did a flight on headphones and was amazed to hear everything, tried it several times and always worked then tried the above and that fixed it, then went back to leaving speakers as default and the old problem was back.

dont understand why my procedure works but I have been using it since the A320/A321 was released

It seems that there are just a handful of customers with similar problems and most of them could solve the problem by "tweaking / playing" with their sound system settings. Until now we could not indentify why this happens or what we could do to prevent it. But we will keep an eye on this issue.....

Regards,

Rolf

Archived