Cheyenne

ChrisB

Work In Progress - no Alpha

Man that paintkit is "interesting"

Real world skin, except the RW plane is a Navajo. Well... I liked the scheme, anyway.

I am having to make extensive use of two networked PCs for this one! Paint a bit, DXTbmp it, push it over to the other PC, rebuild aircraft.

Getting the nacelle side-stripes to line is also "interesting" to say the least. As for the cabin door! Well! you have to up-scale the trim by 175% and only a bit of the logo ovelaps, so it's cut out...

The really good thing though, is Tobias' psd files. The trim and detail layers are exceedingly lovingly detailed. The results, once you have managed to get a skin panel finished, are superb thanks to the work that was put into the paint template.

The downside of such detail is fourteen skin panels that need painting and tweaking. A Cheyenne repaint can be as much work as a dozen Eagles for me :wink:

Anyway - enjoy these two teasers.

No wonder it's taking time for repaints to hit the market... :wink:

Try some of this...

Upload in a day or two, once I have created corrected logos (the only available ones online show the AS 350 but the Airliners net photo shows a Navajo in the logo.)

Apropos Navajo - the original for this registration is a Navajo. The Heli Rescue service gets a "free sim upgrade"

Hi Chris,

please try to replace the link the photo with that one:

http://airliners.net/open.file/0873308/L/ (large) ... or

http://airliners.net/open.file/0873308/M/ (medium)

Airliners.net has a shortned link lik this one directly above every image, and you should always use them instead of the URL displayed in your browser. This way you can avoid that your thread becomes 25.000 pixels wide :D :D :D

While you are waiting, here's another preview...

And why are we waiting, you may ask? I wan't to make absolutely sure Tobias is happy.

OMG! :shock:

Chris, believe it or not, the other day I was browsing Cheyenne-pictures on a.net. I came across that HB and it is my favourite livery. Cannot believe I will be able to fly her in the sim.

Thanks in advance for this excellent work!

OK, at the moment I am a bit stumped. Anyone know how I can take those 15 horizontal trimlines and convert them into a smooth "wraparound" under the rear of the fuselage please?

A single line I can "paint" on the tablet, but a whole band of lines isn't that easy? I'd like to do them together, but it is turning out to be a lot fiddly! I am still working on it.

Marco, it'll be a pleasure...

Well, the Hawke's Bay paint has just been given it's blessings by the real world HB Rescue Service, so that should be up tonight.

There's still some tweaking to do on the "Swiss Paint" - getting those "wraparound" lines right is not going my way. I should also consider finding the owner of HB LNL if this is possible - one owes the plane owners at least the opportunity of seeing that their property is going to be flying in bits and bytes.

?

Sorry Tobias - I must be a bit blind ;) I must go back to airliners.net and look see - but could you be referring to the Buecker website? I think it's Daniel Knutti

Later... Still can't see any web addresses

Slight hold on the Cheyennes while I wait for a couple of "Owner feedbacks" - The New Zealand owners have posed a question about the sponsor logos - so could be in for a legit bit of extra colour.

I have received direct permission from the owner - so it's a green light and the promise of as many extra photos as I may need.

The ones he has sent so far have shown me a few errors already!