How to update weather data up-to-date?

Everytime I use PFPX, the METAR data is not updated when time elapses.

For example, when I plan the first flight at 20:00z and trying to setup another one at 23:30,

the METAR data is not being updated even I click weather and online menu again.

It shows the old data, sometimes the one past more than 3 hours.

The result is same even I restart PFPX.

Compared to Active Sky, it updates regularly - 30 minutes maximum but PFPX don't.

Tutorial video says departure time is crucial because the weather affects plan, but I don't get it with this loose weather update.

Do I need delete weather cache or something or is there another way to update weather manually?

Of course I know I can use AS weather file, but that's non-related topic with this issue.

Regards, Peter.

Hello Peter,

You should be seeing the weather update periodically in PFPX and will be more accurate than AS.

I have seen this update stuck after altering the PC date. I cleared it by closing PFPX and deleting 'PFPX Data/Temp/~LastWeather.tmp'

Of course this may not relate to your issue.

OK, I figured out it is not system related, it's just PFPX don't get updated even the wx file has been changed to new one.

I saw the update is more frequent for major intl. airport than smaller ones, and it seems reasonable.

But with AS every single airports get updated without any discrimination.

I just want to know it's criteria about how PFPX updates METAR.

So I would stop using PFPX server data that expired.

As longer I use PFPX, the frustration grows.. CTDs, delayed METAR..

Still a great program and hope there will be a good update get rid of many problems.

I Had conversation with srcooke via message and It turned out that:

- 1 hour delay is acceptable

- Weather engine update was just an Advanced Interpolation data, not current data.

I'm so glad that being helped in forum and have to say thank you.

But still I'm nervous when I move the map screen if I touch STAR part.. (CTD)

Happy landings!

It seems that there are definitely some stations showing outdated METAR more than an hour.

I think this is not a big deal unless it makes changes takeoff runway or crosswind limit, etc..

It took 1:30 to be updated to it's proper data. Hope developer makes update interval little bit more quicker.

* No reply needed. :) Just for let developer knows this minor thing.

post-39415-0-33980700-1403973152_thumb.j

post-39415-0-49433700-1403973159_thumb.j

post-39415-0-26104500-1403973165.jpg

Archived