Incomplete Message

Plane PMDG 738 with winglets. Route KJFK-KLAX from FlightAware. After the route was built and compute pressed I received the message that Fuel Required Exceeded Capacity. It would be nice to know by how much it exceeded capacity. A lowering of the payload might have reduced the fuel required since fuel required for this route is usually close to capacity at a payload of 35000 lbs.

BTW I flew this route starting a half hour later using a co route I have from vroutepreminum. I set the fuel at 44000 lbs. which is 2000 lbs. below the capacity. The 738 only used 32000 lbs plus 6000 lbs reserve or a total of 38000 lbs. Considerably below the capacity of 46000 lbs. I used the winds aloft by waypoints from ASN for entry into the FMC route data.

After the route was built and compute pressed I received the message that Fuel Required Exceeded Capacity. It would be nice to know by how much it exceeded capacity.

You can figure it out by yourself by looking at the Details tag under Results (Load Planning). Still an automatic feature would be interesting...try to send a ticket to support.

A lowering of the payload might have reduced the fuel required since fuel required for this route is usually close to capacity at a payload of 35000 lbs.

Use the MAX option under payload and PFPX will give you the maximum figure of payload carriable on that specific leg/day.

BTW I flew this route starting a half hour later using a co route I have from vroutepreminum. I set the fuel at 44000 lbs. which is 2000 lbs. below the capacity. The 738 only used 32000 lbs plus 6000 lbs reserve or a total of 38000 lbs. Considerably below the capacity of 46000 lbs.

Did you compare your actual performance vs the OFP during flight? You should be starting from there in order to look after the reason for a time/fuel deviation.

Archived