The rest of the world

I am somewhat frustrated, so please forgive my tone.

I seem to be getting planning issues in the Mena region as a whole.

Today, I decided to go from OJAI to OJAQ.

Short hop to hone in my skills at "flying" the Q400.

The route I got went west from OJAI, crossed the border into Israel and went south all the way until crossing the border back into Jordan and OJAQ.

MOUA3D Talmi J10 MZD J10D ZFR J10 NURIT J13 LOT

Frustrating as it is a domestic flight, but PFPX turned it into an international one.

Is this region of the world just a stitch-on, or am I missing something drastic in my procedure here?

Also, when I plan trips from OMDB to LIRF, I always get the same "basic" routing over Syria, and onto Italy via larnaca, northwest to LIRF.

In real life, they mostly route over Baghdad, to through Turkey, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Tirana and onto Italy.

The routing I get does not change over time, even though the weather does.

I would appreciate it if someone looked at the region to see what, if anything is wrong with the coding (?), or if there is something specific I need to look at>

I appreciate the help.

The PFPX engine is creating routes via the shortest distance - it doesnt know nor care about the political issues, nor accepted/preferred routes in a city pair. Garbage In, Garbage Out (like every other computer).

If you want to adhere to AIP and routing restrictions, you have to build your routes accordingly and manually build them according to accepted guidance (AIP, Jepps, ICAO SUPPS) like we in the airlines must do.

When you're flying, as the pilot, you always override the FMC/Autopilot when it's not doing what you want.

You apply the same philosophy when dispatching. If the software isn't doing what you want, you override it to make it do what you want. It's a tool to help you get things done quicker - if something is not right, you do it yourself.

I figured as well, and will hopefully be in a position to have access to RW FP's in the next few months.

In the meantime, I have to focus on a fresh PC install as Santa was replaces by the MOBO slayer lol.

It will take some time to get things into place, but at leased I moved onto the 4770K.

Happy Holidays to all and be safe.

Hi Waleed,

as dougsnow already said, our PFPX is using the shortest distance. Or if selected in Advanced Edit "Wind optimized". Of course it is a International flight when the border is crossed. I tried to refile the plan as a Domestic flight, and than it is 2 min longer ( 737), thats the reason why PFPX is using your route.

Good luck and enjoy your new 4770k.

Best Regards,

Carsten Raum

TEAM PFPX

Carsten.Raum@flightsimsoft.com

Thanks to all for the input.

Carsten, thanks and I am sure I will enjoy my new setup in a few weeks I hope once I get everything re-installed.

Also, thanks for reminding me about th Wind Optimization edit, as I completely forgot about it for all my plans lol.

Hope everyone has a great 2014.

Archived