UNABLE TO LOAD A_10 SIM ANYMORE

ss89

I have owned A-10 Sim for over a year and until last month have had no problems running. I have tried all suggestions on user forum, A-10 Problems. Have reinstalled FS-2004 3 times, reinstalled A-10 at least 3 times to no avail. All other add-ons Capt Sim, Super 80, Concorde have absolutely no problems running, only A-10 as of lately. Please help as it is one of my favorites.

SS

• Aerosoft
I have owned A-10 Sim for over a year and until last month have had no problems running. I have tried all suggestions on user forum, A-10 Problems. Have reinstalled FS-2004 3 times, reinstalled A-10 at least 3 times to no avail. All other add-ons Capt Sim, Super 80, Concorde have absolutely no problems running, only A-10 as of lately. Please help as it is one of my favorites.

SS

Could you describe the problem in some detail?

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

I have this problem also, i flew the plane a couple of months and now i wan't to load the plane FS goes black and i get a hungapp failure.

I hope you can help me

Hello Folks,

The most common cause of the problem is the gps_export.dll NOT being the original installed by FS2004. There are some commercial applications that exchange this file with a new version that just won't listen to other gauges the way Microsoft intended. You can find this file on Disc 2 in the MSGAME3.CAB file, most compression utilities are able to open these CAB files. Copy the original file back to your FS9 Modules folder and then try.

Also loading the A-10 after having some Capt Sim planes have been loaded beforehand will cause a crash.

Hello Patrick,

The A-10 wont load if you have flown certain Capt Sim aircraft before hand. If you load FS9 using the default flight at KSEA then change the aircraft to the A-10 does it load.

Also try replacing the original FS9 gps.dll also can you check your Modules folder for the TrafficInfo.DLL

Hello Patrick,

You can fly the A-10 before the Capt Sim plane in the same session but not after loading a CS plane. So if you have been flying a Capt Sim plane before hand you'll need to restart FS9 first to fly the A-10.

this very same problem happened to me after trying my new AC-130U Spectre from CS i loaded the A10 and, voilá, CTD!

Any clues why the A10 only crashes AFTER the CS product? It's the only that does that...

Hello Joao,

You'd need to ask Capt Sim that, as the reasoning is:

Why can I load a Capt Sim plane after the A-10, but not the A-10 after a Capt Sim plane!!

Would say that after the Capt Sim plane was loaded it left something behind in memory that the A-10 dont like!! But not the other way round.

Does not happen with all CS planes but some.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello MZBS,

Theres nothing we can do about it I'm afraid, if the A-10 loads before the Legacy then theres no problem. If the A-10 wont load after the Legacy then the Legacy is leaving something behind that the A-10 does'nt like. The only solution is to either restart FS9 or fly the A-10 before the Legacy.

Hi There.

First of, great A-10 package. Went above and beyond what I expected. Now I've been having the same problems as these fellas have been having. Except I dont have any Captain Sim or Legacy Aircraft. My problem is when I go from the default aircraft to the A-10. I dont know whether my problem is because I downloaded a repaint for it, from AVSIM. Because the first time i flew it with the new repaint, it ran fine, but anytime after that it wouldn't run. Would I be better off, reinstalling the A-10, or just reinstalling my entire FS9?