Starting with specific fuel amount

Let's say that I'm using an aircraft that I haven't flown in a while, and noticed that via a "simulated economy program" such as FSeconomy, AirHauler, etc, that this aircraft currently has 22,000lbs in its tanks. Just fine for a flight that requires 30,000lbs (just fuel up!), but what if your flight only requires 16,000lbs- how do you "start with" this 22,000 quantity in PFPX as the release fuel and have it work forwards to calculate the burn- since carrying more fuel increases burn. De-fueling can be expensive (air hauler charges for it!), so I'd like to use the 22,000lbs as a starting point.

This also happens in real operations when an aircraft meant for an international long-haul trip is switched to a shorter domestic leg.

Looks like I spoke too soon... this feature is possible by manually editing the "release fuel" box in the fuel options. In the attached example, I have input 36,000lbs as my fuel to start with. post-23523-0-51119000-1386994956_thumb.p

Let's say that I'm using an aircraft that I haven't flown in a while, and noticed that via a "simulated economy program" such as FSeconomy, AirHauler, etc, that this aircraft currently has 22,000lbs in its tanks. Just fine for a flight that requires 30,000lbs (just fuel up!), but what if your flight only requires 16,000lbs- how do you "start with" this 22,000 quantity in PFPX as the release fuel and have it work forwards to calculate the burn- since carrying more fuel increases burn. De-fueling can be expensive (air hauler charges for it!), so I'd like to use the 22,000lbs as a starting point.

This also happens in real operations when an aircraft meant for an international long-haul trip is switched to a shorter domestic leg.

Have to ask why you would want to? Sounds silly to burn all the burn just because it is there. Simply work out the fuel you need and if there is extra so be it. Less cargo you can take but then cheaper than burning it all just to refuel more the other end.

Well of course in the sim world, we can set up the fuel how we like- defueling/refueling as needed. But AirHauler (and fseconomy) causes you to start with a certain amount. Now if your min release fuel is drastically lower (say, you only needed 8000lbs to get the job done +reserves) and there were 20,000lbs left over on on the aircraft, you couldn't send a release to the flight crew for 8000lbs. Sure, you have enough fuel to get to the destination, but the extra 12,000lbs will cause a major difference in performance (fuel burn figures at cruise) and your calculations will be way off.

Archived