747 and 767 Miscalculations

Hello ,

I have tried to fly with the 767 lately but unfortunately I am finding my self arriving to the destination field with fuel lower then my estimate remaining fuel in the ofp (like 5 - 6 tons below)..
It seems that the fuel burn is just higher in the LDS and also in the PMDG 747..
I have Set up all weights correctly (DOW , MZFW , MTOW) to be adjusted to the LDS 767 weights.
It seems to me that Default 100 % bias isn't good for the lds 767 -300ER ..
I have the exact same problem with the PMDG 747-400 and this bird even has modified template so I really don't know what the problem is... it happens only with those two..

Any help will be appreciated . TNX.

I don't know if that's a good bias to be honest, next time you are settled in the cruise, just press the evaluate button and enter the values in each of the boxes, once you have enough data entered in the it should automatically calculate a recommended bias which you can then transfer to the aircraft profile.

The bias evaluator is the simplest way. Just as a note, I go the other way around, I adjust the simulator fuel flow to get as close as possible to the real plane. It takes a bit of time to get done but you only need to do it once for each plane. The advantage of my approach is that the simulator plane has the same range as the real plane.

Andre

Try using the bias evaluator, also make sure you are flying the plane according to the speed schedules that's in Pfpx as a start.

So every flight I need to use the fuel bias??? According to all the weather info I get ???

The bias is based on the correction you need depending on the fuel degradation from the datas fed.

so every flight you need to use the BIAS you found that may work.

for the PMDG 747 into fs9 I found out that between 5 and 10 % is what you needed to add on the cruise side.

I never found anything that high for the lds.

all the best.

Phil

So every flight I need to use the fuel bias??? According to all the weather info I get ???

You just use the bias evaluator to find out what fuel bias you need, once you apply the result you don't need to use the bias evaluator again unless the figures are still off. You do however need to keep the setting that the bias evaluator suggests.

Archived