Passenger Baggage Calculations

Hi,

When I purchased PFPX, I also purchased the combo version that includes TopCat.

When I do the Weight and Balance of the combined luggage and cargo weights, I noticed that TopCat appears not to calculate the baggage correctly.

For example, my settings show that the standard weight of baggage for a domestic scheduled flight is 24 lbs.

However, when I insert the adult head count of 110, the baggage weight in TopCat shows 2,668 lbs, and not 2,640 lbs, which is the calculation I computed. Also, PFPX computed the correct weight of 2,640 lbs for 110 adults in that section of the application.

Attached is an image from TopCat.

Note - Are there long term plans to fully integrate TopCat into PFPX. For example it is now possible to get the Take-off and Landing information into the OFP, but not the weight an balance information?

Bill Clark

post-25088-0-59092800-1382907624_thumb.j

Bill,

You need to adjust the passenger and baggage weight in PFPX or Topcat so they are identical. You can do that either in PFPX or Topcat, it doesn't matter as long as they match.

Andre

Hi,

When I purchased PFPX, I also purchased the combo version that includes TopCat.

When I do the Weight and Balance of the combined luggage and cargo weights, I noticed that TopCat appears not to calculate the baggage correctly.

For example, my settings show that the standard weight of baggage for a domestic scheduled flight is 24 lbs.

However, when I insert the adult head count of 110, the baggage weight in TopCat shows 2,668 lbs, and not 2,640 lbs, which is the calculation I computed. Also, PFPX computed the correct weight of 2,640 lbs for 110 adults in that section of the application.

Attached is an image from TopCat.

Note - Are there long term plans to fully integrate TopCat into PFPX. For example it is now possible to get the Take-off and Landing information into the OFP, but not the weight an balance information?

Bill Clark

ajurt,

Both TopCat and PFPX bag weights are set to 24 lbs, so they are the same, the calculation is not correct.

I have not changed the default weights in the configurations files of either app (i.e., TopCat or PFPX)

Bill Clark

Archived