LEG ETE Error

Dear Christian and Judith,

I recently created an OFP for EGLL-CYYZ and noticed this error:

post-92895-0-61367300-1379182021_thumb.p
Notice the ETE from YYT to MLT is "012 (minutes)" but the difference between the ACC times is 01 H 29 M.
Thank You!!
Best regards,
Sunny.

post-92895-0-61367300-1379182021_thumb.p

No, its not - its just that the flight plan mask only has room for three characters in it.

Its highly improbable that the airplane can go 656 NM in twelve minutes. Its trying to show 89 minutes, or 1 hour 29 minutes, but there isnt enough room based on the mask, and how the time is set (in the mask) to be displayed. Throw a fix in that leg (since I dont think there are any NAR routes that go from YYT direct to Millinocket), and that 89 minutes will go away to something more reasonable.

Program is working just fine....

post-92299-0-22030700-1379258250_thumb.j

No, its not - its just that the flight plan mask only has room for three characters in it.

Its highly improbable that the airplane can go 656 NM in twelve minutes. Its trying to show 89 minutes, or 1 hour 29 minutes, but there isnt enough room based on the mask, and how the time is set (in the mask) to be displayed. Throw a fix in that leg (since I dont think there are any NAR routes that go from YYT direct to Millinocket), and that 89 minutes will go away to something more reasonable.

Program is working just fine....

Hi Doug,

Thank You for your reply.

i believe that the LEG ETE should be displayed as MM (minutes) as opposed to HHMM (hours and minutes) format.

The route I have shown is from a real world flight plan route – it is very common for LEG ETEs in excess of one hour.

Best regards,

Sunny.

The route I have shown is from a real world flight plan route – it is very common for LEG ETEs in excess of one hour.

With Doug being a real-world dispatcher and planner for a real world cargo carrier. I'd imagine he knows this...

Read again, slowly, what he said in the post before yours.

With Doug being a real-world dispatcher and planner for a real world cargo carrier. I'd imagine he knows this...

Read again, slowly, what he said in the post before yours.

Good evening Sir,

By no means am I disputing what Doug said, nor am I disputing the fact that he is a real world flight dispatcher – and yes, I have read his post several times.

Here is the real world routeing (yes – created by real world flight dispatcher) for ACA015 2013-SEP-17:

TONNY2 TONNY DCT YEE J557 YSB DCT 50N081W 55N080W 60N080W 70N075W 75N070W 80N060W 86N040W 87N020W DCT ABERI B934 RAVUL B934 UNILA B934 KERUK B934 TUREM B934 LUMIG B155 IKT A815 SERNA A310 POLHO G218 UKBAD G218 TMR B458 WXI A461 LIG R473 NNX R473 WYN W18 NLG W23 ZUH R473 SIERA

60N080W DCT 70N075W is 614 nm with an ETE of 01 H 21 M. The OFP from PFPX, again, shows 012.

I fully understand that PFPX is trying to show 0121 with the 1 at the end being truncated since there is only maximum of 3 character spaces for the LEG ETE field.

While I agree that this issue is not a bug in the sense that the data (i.e. 0121) is correct, there is a real issue with how the data is being displayed. The LEG ETE should not be displayed as HHMM since there is only 3 character spaces – perhaps HMM (i.e. 121 for 1 H 21 M) is more appropriate, or perhaps even MMM (i.e. 81 M).

Perhaps there is a way to change the display format of the LEG ETE data?

Best regards,

Sunny.

Ah i see, my bad. I was reading far too much into what you were writing, My apologies!

What Flight Plan Template format are you using for your OFP?

A modification of the OFP Template will allow it to show HHMM or HH:MM or whatever.

Have a look at this Document, in conjunction with your Flight Plan Template, then you should see where the modification needs to be made, and what the Mod needs to be for it to display the full time format required.

Flight Plan Template Guide (Rev. 4)

Page 2/13 shows the available Time Fields. and in your case, i suspect that the [7] modifier (Showing HH:MM if over 60 Mins or :MM if under) or just the [0] modifier (show time as HH:MM) which would display leg times of 1h21m as 01:21 and a 21 min leg as 00:21

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Smiffy

Dear Smiffy and Christian,

Ah i see, my bad. I was reading far too much into what you were writing, My apologies!

No worries mate – I often need to read things (e.g. aircraft MEL, Transport Canada CARs, etc.) several times, and even then it's clear as mud. :P

I was using PFPX Template. For now, as a work around, I shall try amending the FP Template.

Thanks to every one for your advice!!

And most importantly, thanks to Christian & Judith for such a great product!! :D

Cheerio,

Sunny.

Archived