Various questions (importing tracks, validating routes)

Hello,

I have some questions regarding PFPX:

According to the manual, it is possible to import tracks (NAT, PACOT, AUS) from a seperate file. However, I do not find details about this file. Where can it be obtained or what structure does it have to have? Is it sufficient to copy the plain text with the track information into a text file and import it into PFPX?

When trying to validate a route, the program hangs itself about 5 out of 10 times. It is not possible to abort the validation process; the program has to be killed via the task manager and working progress on the route is lost. Can you consider implementing a working "abort mechanism" into that or ensure that the validation process will not hang itself?

When a route has been validated, I often get various error messages. Most of them seem to refer to some sort of format errors, although I've created the route with the AUTO-function(s). Am I doing something wrong or is the flightplan that PFPX sends to the validation mechanism faulty?

Kind regards,
Markus

First thing to do is to update PFPX to version 1.03. It has a fix for your validation problems.

The program now tells you that your request has timed out, please try again. Not validation crashes so far for me (with the new version).

First thing to do is to update PFPX to version 1.03. It has a fix for your validation problems.

The program now tells you that your request has timed out, please try again. Not validation crashes so far for me (with the new version).

Thanks, but I am using v 1.03. No more timeouts, but the other problem (yellow "!") happens also with the new version.

And I would very much appreciate an answer to the other question (no. 1) as well.

I ask again and would be happy to get an answer from the PFPX-developers to my question no. 1. Let me repeat it for you:

According to the manual, it is possible to import tracks (NAT, PACOT, AUS) from a seperate file. However, I do not find details about this file. Where can it be obtained or what structure does it have to have? Is it sufficient to copy the plain text with the track information into a text file and import it into PFPX?

You can

I ask again and would be happy to get an answer from the PFPX-developers to my question no. 1. Let me repeat it for you:

You can load previously saved tracks in thr PFPX format. We will add an option to 'paste' a track message directly into the program, which is then converted to a graphical representation.

This was related to server bandwidth issues and has been solved. Version 1.05 should ultimately solve this.

• 1 month later...

You can load previously saved tracks in thr PFPX format. We will add an option to 'paste' a track message directly into the program, which is then converted to a graphical representation.

Hi Christian,

any news on when the possibility of pasting track messages directly into the program will be added?

Kind regards,

Markus Richter

• 2 months later...

You can

Several months and hotfixes later I shall be pleased if you could answer me whether this features has now been implemented - if so, could you please indicate where it is since I can't find it - or, if not, when you'll implement it. I would be grateful receiving an answer to my question.

Kind regards,

Markus

Archived