AES credit re-assignment?

I only really use AES for the jetway animation and GSX for the rest. However I recently purchased the holiday airports pack and when i opened AES help a message popped up and i just clicked ok not realizing that the message said would I like to activate Monastir airport (which doesn't have any jetways). So now I have AES stairs at the front door and GSX stairs at the back. Oh and I am 1 less credit too :-( can i stop AES from working at an Airport after I assigned the credits to it?

• Verified Developer

Sorry, but there is no automatic Pop-Up to activate the Airports with Credits, you have to PRESS the Button for Activations first yourself,

then you get the first warning "This airport will reduce your free credits from x to y", which you have to answer with "YES"

then it comes a second warning "The Activation can not be changed later! Did you accept?", which you also have to answer with "YES",

before the credits are reduced from the free once.

How often should AEShelp ask you, before you read it? ;) So, sorry, no reassignment possible.

• Deputy Sheriffs

He may have run into something I saw too, although that doesn't change at all what you said Oliver about the warnings that pop up when you're about to use a credit for the first time.

When I installed 2.26 (2.25 installed previously) Aerosoft Stuttgart and Friedrichshafen were noted in a dialog box saying they were installed but not activated. This surprised me, since they were acativated in 2.25 and just missing now in 2.26. The dialog box asked if I wanted them included, and I did not get the usual credits remaining check warning when I said "Yes." That part lines up I think with what Luke160388 said.

However, the key difference is I had previously activated them. The credits remaining did not change once I accepted the 2.26 dialog box. That is, the remaining credits were the same before and after, just those two airports were missing in the acivated list. When they were previously installed and activated (in 2.25 or earlier), ALL the chances to say "No" you described were there.

• Verified Developer

However, the key difference is I had previously activated them. The credits remaining did not change once I accepted the 2.26 dialog box. That is, the remaining credits were the same before and after, just those two airports were missing in the acivated list. When they were previously installed and activated (in 2.25 or earlier), ALL the chances to say "No" you described were there.

What you see, is total differnent to the issue above: When you have sceneries installed (active in the Scenery Library), which are Free in AES (0 Credits) or already activated via Credits, for all this Airports AEShelp checks on starttime, if they are ON (FS9/FSX) for AES. If not, it ask you, if you what to set them ON for AES.

All Airports which are in DEMO for AES, will not listed here, nothing happens with them.

On the otherside AEShelp will check, if there are Airport ON (FS9/FSX) for AES, but not anymore active in the FS Scenery Library, they will be deactiv (OFF) for AES then, because they are not needed. Therefore you get an other info on startup of AESHelp.

For Example:

You deinstall a Scenery Product, which you have activ in AES, then you start short AESHelp after the deinstall, AESHelp will set it OFF too.

After you have reinstalled this Product, you start AESHelp once again and the Airport set ON (FS9/FSX) for AES too, inclusive all need file updates in the Scenery needed for AES.

But all this is only happen for Free or creditactivated Airports.

Archived