Paint Kit AIRBUS_EX320_WINGOUTER_C.PSD Question

bigo

Hi,

I am working on a livery and I need to alter the AIRBUS_EX320WINGOUTER.C.PSD from the PAINTKIT_AIRBUSEXTENDED_A320IAE_BRITISHAIRWAYS ( as reference )

In the LIVERY SPECIFIC PAINT - BA -GUUU I have a layer named Wing Lower Surface with a big red area that shows up on the aircraft when I apply the DXT.

My question - is this a mistake in the paintkit files? if not, what is the purpuse of this red area and how to get rid of it once on the aircraft? ( shall I turn it off? - looks like not since some light areas of the wing get turned off as well ) as far as I have seen it is in all the supplied A320 PSD files but not the A321 PSD files

Many thanks for your help,

/Semir

Ok I have worked out what this is. I am using GIMP 2.8 not Photoshop. and the layer has a color overlay. In GIMP color overlays are not bulit in but achieved via a plugin. In case you use the freely available GIMP, you need to download Layer Effects plugin from here: http://registry.gimp.org/node/186

<UPDATE>

Seems that it is not an easy task to make a livery with anything else than Photoshop, it's not that the software can't handle layers or how masks are used etc, it's just fails to import the PSD files correctly.

/Semir

Archived