NATS Lat/Long Waypoints

Mark Richards

Hi Airbus Extended X Team

I had planned do fly a JetBlue A320 delivery flight ex TLS for KFK via YYR today (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU6990) but I know I read somewhere (damned if I can find it now!) that there is currently no way to enter LAT/LONG waypoints into the MCDU?

I thought that they would have been in the NDP database but there you go.

That aside, I'm only my fourth sector today and loving this aircraft more and more each flight. Well done to you all.

Mark

Guys, that's not correct.

The navigation databases contain NAT waypoints in the form of f.e. 5230N, which stands for 52 degrees N, 30 degrees W.

Please check the waypoints.txt file in the Navdata Pro folder for the syntax of those waypoints on the southern hemisphere, or for easterly longitudes.

Also you can create your own custom waypoints. If you enter a waypoint name that's not in the database, the mcdu switches to a page where you can enter the coordinates for that waypoint.

What's not supported are waypoints that are defined as a bearing and distance form another waypoint, or place/bearing-place/bearing waypoints.

Happy landing!

Archived