Direct Issue and then trying to regain a NAV path.

Matt Davies

Afternoon,

Really impressed with the bus, some neat features that I didn't expect (especially the Aussie cabin crew as I'm doing a BA flight up to Manchester from Heathrow).

I was flying the return and I was instructed to go direct to HON, hitting the DIR button then pressing HON seemed to do the trick until the aircraft tried to do a 360 degree loop, which isn't what I needed, so I went on HDG SEL. I then pressed DIR again in the FMC to attempt to go back to HON, but it just kept attempting to do a 360 degree turn.

I kept it on HDG SEL with the hope it would regain NAV path when it intercepts it, but it didn't. Nothing from that point, regarding NAV, worked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I just tried it again. After hand flying the SID I decided to switch to NAV. The bus goes back to the overflown waypoint #1 in the Fplan. I decided to go direct to a waypoint ahead. First I tried to set the DIR TO as usual on the MCDU selecting the waypoint out of the Fplan. The a/c does what it wants to but not flying direct to this waypoint. Okay I tried to type in the waypoint into the MCDU. No luck. So I have to state: Sorry Aerosoft, there are too many things which are not ready to get rumble ( ILS after Go Around ). I will park this a/c in the hangar untill we can have a nearly complete one. A bit disappointed on my side...

Best

Steffen

stevens-va.de

Maybe this is not the correct topic but I do believe their is a relation between two issues I have:

Both issues occured in two seperate flights.

1. On the DOMEG 1J VIA HMM ILS 07 at EDDG arrival the route line between HMM/15 and KEMOT is missing.

2. Since KEMOT is on the localizer I armed LOC mode just before KEMOT, when LOC is captured the aircraft starts a 360 turn to the left, I could only get the aircraft on to the localizer by selecting HDG mode.

A strange thing I noticed is that in the FPL-page the track between HMM/15 and KEMOT is 069 degrees (which is the final app course), however this should be more of an intercept track to the final app course.

I have tried to add a picture showing both issues to this post not sure if it will work (if not please explain me how to do this so I can show you the situation).

Giel

Same problem here. Can't get the Nav mode to be working. The aircraft won't follow the track entered. Using the DIR function doesn't help. And when reverting from the HDG mode to the NAV mode using the DIR function, the FCU does not revert to dashes and remain with the heading selected.

post-73684-0-64279500-1356133467_thumb.j

Same problem here. Can't get the Nav mode to be working. The aircraft won't follow the track entered. Using the DIR function doesn't help. And when reverting from the HDG mode to the NAV mode using the DIR function, the FCU does not revert to dashes and remain with the heading selected.

Try a direct-to with abeam ;-) a lot of work needed here at basic stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

it seems to me there is a problem with directs which require just a few degrees track correction. I always get a 360 turn in this case, but a direct with more tha 20 degress track correction seems uneventful.

I am not sure how it was before hotfix 1.02C ...

Archived