787 Wing Flex!

• Aerosoft

It's why many people feel Boeing flies more comfortable then the stiff winged Airbusses.

You also notice how responsive the flex is, small fast movements of the tips while the whole wing moves as well. It's one of the reasons I don't include it in the some of products I am responsible for. You simply can't get it life like in FSX. If you do a wide body you got to have flex, but on the smaller aircraft it just looks silly. The only product I know that does it right is our Discuss glider. That even has separate flex on both sides.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mathijs,

"It's why many people feel Boeing flies more comfortable then the stiff winged Airbusses"

This is quite an interesting statement. In my almost 10 years of weekly travel on all kinds of aircraft, short and long haul, I have never heard anything like this or experienced the same.

Could you please be so kind and present some figures on the difference of wingflex between comparable models of Boeing and Airbus. Or provide some references of passengers or pilots that are claiming one might be more comfortable than the other due to stiffness of the aircraft structure or just wingflex.

Thanks and kind regards,

Brownsen

Archived