Maule M-7 default AC in FSX?

montana mitch

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hmmm...seven varients are there in my FSX Deluxe Edition aircraft selection screen between Grumman and Mooney. The Maules are a standard aircraft in Deluxe and Acceleration. Take a look in your FSX folder under SimObjects\Airplanes\Maule_M7_260C and \Maule_M7_260C_Ski. If they're not in the SimObjects\Airplanes folder, something or someone deleted them.

If you're only seeing one, you don't have "Show all varients" checked in the aircraft selection screen.

On my laptop, but I do recall seeing them I think. Will jump over and check it now.

Yes, they are listed under aircraft, however, not in my FSX AC selection.

Clicked on one of the exe's but says the installer is damaged.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Since the folders are there in your FSX selection, you could try a repair installation. Before doing so, let some time go by to see if anyone else with this kind of issue weighs in. I haven't had to correct this kind of problem in a while, so my suggestion on a repair installation may not be the best fix.

Since the folders are there in your FSX selection, you could try a repair installation. Before doing so, let some time go by to see if anyone else with this kind of issue weighs in. I haven't had to correct this kind of problem in a while, so my suggestion on a repair installation may not be the best fix.

Do you mean an FSX repair?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, through the Control Panel/Programns and Features, but as I suggested, I'd hold off a bit and see if anyone else has a better idea.

Will do Herman. Meanwhile will seek out info on FSX Economy. Heard there are things like building a "business" in FSX, like delivering freight/passengers, game/mission like, for "money" (not real).

• Deputy Sheriffs

It sounds like you're talking about MS Flight, which is a very different product than FSX. It's not fair to even call it FSX Economy. The three flavors of real FSX are Standard, Deluxe and Acceleration/Deluxe (aka Gold, AFAIK). Good info at Wikipedia here.

MS Flight does have gameplay features involving hanging your shingle out at certain airports and gaining points for taking "customers" places. Most serious simmers see it as a game and not a "real" sim and I'm in that camp too. As it happens, while Flight was only released in February as a freebe for the Big Island of Hawai'i with add-ons you bought separately, MS already pulled the plug on it within the last week or two. Go to the "Home" page within FSX and you'll find a link to Flight...if it still works.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, say again which FSX version you have. In your first post, you said you have "FSX/Acceleration." In your last post, you asked about "FSX Economy." There is no FSX version by that name.

Let's try this. Tell me if you have a "Boeing F/A-18 Hornet" and the "Cessna C172SP Skyhawk G1000 Glass Cockpit" in the Aircraft selection menu. You already said you have "Show all variations" checked, but double check that.

If you use the default installation menu with Vista or Win7, you'll also have issues with the user account control (aka UAC), especially with the 64 bit OS. So, a little bit of info: What's your OS and whether it's the 32 bit or 64 bit version, complete FSX installation directory (such as D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X), and system memory. All the other stuff helpful folks ask about should not affect which aircraft you can fly.

OK, say again which FSX version you have. In your first post, you said you have "FSX/Acceleration." In your last post, you asked about "FSX Economy." There is no FSX version by that name.

Let's try this. Tell me if you have a "Boeing F/A-18 Hornet" and the "Cessna C172SP Skyhawk G1000 Glass Cockpit" in the Aircraft selection menu. You already said you have "Show all variations" checked, but double check that.

If you use the default installation menu with Vista or Win7, you'll also have issues with the user account control (aka UAC), especially with the 64 bit OS. So, a little bit of info: What's your OS and whether it's the 32 bit or 64 bit version, complete FSX installation directory (such as D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X), and system memory. All the other stuff helpful folks ask about should not affect which aircraft you can fly.

Win7/64 bit. C:/ x86/ms games/msfsx. 24gig memory. Afirm, there is a Cessna skyhawk, but no Boeing F-18 Hornet.

Then you don't have Acceleration installed, just the basic FSX.

For simple confirmation, please hover mouse over FSX.exe in the FSX folder and read the Version Number- anything other than

10.0.61637.0 the solution is to install Acceleration, which is an addon DVD beyond the basic FSX.

If it IS 10.0.61637.0 thn the problem is that you have run a repair installation and forgot to reinstall Acceleration.

Then you don't have Acceleration installed, just the basic FSX.

For simple confirmation, please hover mouse over FSX.exe in the FSX folder and read the Version Number- anything other than

10.0.61637.0 the solution is to install Acceleration, which is an addon DVD beyond the basic FSX.

If it IS 10.0.61637.0 thn the problem is that you have run a repair installation and forgot to reinstall Acceleration.

Yes, I do have Acceleration installed. Acceleration was installed from CD after FSX install. I just did an Acceleration "repair" from CD. It brought back the F-18 but Maule listed in FSX x86 will not install. Installer is damaged it says.

Roger that Snave, 10.0.61637.0 showing. When inserting Acceleration CD, there are only two options showing. 1. Uninstall Acceleration. 2. Repair Acceleration. There is no option to reinstall Acceleration. FSX Acceleration shows under programs in Control Panel, so one would assume Acceleration is alive and well.

Read that Maule activates with "Gold" install.