LSZH Gates not visible after recent update

Good Day All,

has anyone had good fortune after updating Zurich 2012? I just performed a recent update only to load the airport and find no AES service, gates, etc....please advise

thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cptawsom

Press the repair/resync button below the airportlist in AEShelp

Oliver, I'm afraid our friend is right.

I've done it at least twice, after I installed the new update.

As soon as I installed the new update, when AESHelp started, it gave me a messagebox stating that there was an airport (LSZH) in full mode (indeed as I already had it in full mode), that was not installed.

Yet as you can see, in the attached pictures, AES 2.23a, does not even recognize the airport as being installed.

As you also see in the pictures, the airport is installed and active in the scenery library (and always AES is at the top).

post-55540-0-44890800-1342449522_thumb.p

post-55540-0-77102000-1342449528_thumb.p post-55540-0-45769800-1342449536_thumb.p

Perhaps you should look at this.

PS: I uninstalled the update and went back into 1.01.

Immediately as soon as AESHelp was started, it informed me that there was an airport (LSZH) installed in full mode (with credits assigned to it), but deactivated (OFF), and asked me if I wanted to reactivate it.

Conclusion:

There IS a problem with the new Zurich 1.02 update, and AES 2.23a, and Oliver should look into it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you can see here, it works without any problem.

And that's how my AES looks like:

aeslszh.png

Are you sure that you run both FSX AND AES as Administrator?

Guest cptawsom
Are you sure that you run both FSX AND AES as Administrator?

1. I never had any problems with AES before.

2. I never had any problems regarding user rights / ownerships / permissions, with FSX, or one of its applications.

3. The reason the 2 happens is that while my system partition is C, FSX and all its relevant programs are installed on a different D partition, where all directories are created by my regular user account (the first and only account Windows 7 create when they are installed).

Guest cptawsom

It should be specifically written in the AES manual, that between airport updates that include uninstallation, if AES is run, the user should never answer yes to the messagebox presented when it does not find the (recently uninstalled) airport, because if he (the user) does so, then AES will NEVER recognize again the new (version of the) airport, when it is installed.

• Developer

AEShelp will only check, if he find specific Filenames defined in a Configfile for an Airport. When this files are not fond in any Subdirectory given by the scenery.cfg, AES will not see the addon as installed.

I have no info's, that the names defined for Zuerich X has changed with the official update, but I will check that.

Guest cptawsom

AEShelp will only check, if he find specific Filenames defined in a Configfile for an Airport. When this files are not fond in any Subdirectory given by the scenery.cfg, AES will not see the addon as installed.

I have no info's, that the names defined for Zuerich X has changed with the official update, but I will check that.

While you do that, check if it is also related to this:

http://forum.aerosof...id/#entry389117

They could have the same cause.

• Developer

So,

I have doublecheck Zuerich X Version 1.02 now in FSX and all works fine after the update. But you need to perform the update like this:

1.) Deinstall old Version via Installer or Windows Software remove

2.) Start AEShelp to deactive LSZH automatically

3.) Run the new installer of Zuerich X Version 1.02

4.) Start the Launcher (min Vers. 1.1.0.1) and wait for 1-2 Minutes, as the Launcher will reactivate the Scenery in the background and needs time for that.

5.) Start AESHelp to reactivate LSZH automatically

If you don't perform step 2, you need to press the "Resync/Repair" Button below the Airportlist in AESHelp, after the step 4 is done, otherwise a important file is missing and the jetways are not show and AES will not been loaded.

Guest cptawsom

So,

I have doublecheck Zuerich X Version 1.02 now in FSX and all works fine after the update. But you need to perform the update like this:

1.) Deinstall old Version via Installer or Windows Software remove

2.) Start AEShelp to deactive LSZH automatically

3.) Run the new installer of Zuerich X Version 1.02

4.) Start the Launcher (min Vers. 1.1.0.1) and wait for 1-2 Minutes, as the Launcher will reactivate the Scenery in the background and needs time for that.

5.) Start AESHelp to reactivate LSZH automatically

If you don't perform step 2, you need to press the "Resync/Repair" Button below the Airportlist in AESHelp, after the step 4 is done, otherwise a important file is missing and the jetways are not show and AES will not been loaded.

Good to know that I'm not mad or crazy.

Zurich needed some special treatment afer all, because if you did not perform 2 and 4, Resync/Repair did not work anyway,