How Do I Find The ATC Sound File Update

I noticed in the instruction manual that it mentions a update for Air Traffic Control sound updates (An ATC sound file) that is suppose to prompt for install when installing My Traffic X.

However, I never got any such prompt to install this update. Reading further I noticed a mention of using "My Traffic Configuration" to install this fix/update; but when looking at this included application, I did not see any link to download this mentioned sound file.

I am sure I am misunderstanding something here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love My traffic X, but cannot help but to notice that Air Traffic Control wil have no call signs for some aircraft. Hope you can lead me in the right direction to get this fixed. Thanks so much!

Hello Caseyfallen,

Do you have the old MyTraffic X or the Mytraffic 2010 if you have the MyTraffic 2010 its just that it was left in the manual and wasnt removed.

If you have the old Mytraffic X then you should check the disc for the sound file.

• Upvote 1

Hello Caseyfallen,

Do you have the old MyTraffic X or the Mytraffic 2010 if you have the MyTraffic 2010 its just that it was left in the manual and wasnt removed.

If you have the old Mytraffic X then you should check the disc for the sound file.

Hello, thanks for the reply. I have "My Traffic 2010" . This means the update is already installed? I get ATC sometimes only speaking a aircraft number but no call sign..such as ATC saying: American 123 reduce altitude. Instead I get 123 reduce altitude. Is this normal?

Also, I read somewhere on the forum that the sound update does not seem to like Windows 7 much. Should I expect problems if a download does exist?

Thanks for the reply's, very appreciated.

P.S. I have to mention that this program blows me away with all the paints, extra airports, ability to change traffic routes. Just blown away by all we get for this incredible price. Thank you so much for the efforts to make this program so amazing. Since I have your attention....what is the best traffic percentage setting. I had it at 100 percent, but read somewhere that putting it at 94% was better to avoid double planes landing on top of each other, is this true?

Hello, thanks for the reply. I have "My Traffic 2010" When I open the disc I see a few folders. Some being MyTraffic 2006, MyTraffic 2010, FX Service Packs. But noot seeing ATC sound update in any of the folders. Is this because it is already installed?

Also, I read somewhere on the forum that the sound update does not seem to like Windows 7 much. Should I expect problems if a download does exist?

Thanks for the reply's, very appreciated.

P.S. I have to mention that this program blows me away with all the paints, extra airports, ability to change traffic routes. Just blown away by all we get for this incredible price. Thank you so much for the efforts to make this program so amazing. Since I have your attention....what is the best traffic percentage setting. I had it at 100 percent, but read somewhere that putting it at 94% was better to avoid double planes landing on top of each other is this true?

Hello Caseyfallen,

I'll take a look over at the Mytraffic forums to see if this is an issue.

Thanks for looking into it!

I get ATC sometimes only speaking a aircraft number but no call sign..such as ATC saying: American 123 reduce altitude. Instead I get 123 reduce altitude. Is this normal?

I also was wondering: what is the best traffic percentage setting. I had it at 100 percent, but read somewhere that putting it at 94% was better to avoid double planes landing on top of each other, is this true?

Thanks for making such a incredible add-on!

Thanks for looking into it!

I get ATC sometimes only speaking a aircraft number but no call sign..such as ATC saying: American 123 reduce altitude. Instead I get 123 reduce altitude. Is this normal?

I also was wondering: what is the best traffic percentage setting. I had it at 100 percent, but read somewhere that putting it at 94% was better to avoid double planes landing on top of each other, is this true?

Thanks for making such a incredible add-on!

Not heard of that before, but there are a few AI Utilities out there that will help sort them out and get them to land at a decent interval rather than keep going around.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

I wanted to add that I was able to rack down one of the aircraft types that seem to not get mentioned on FSX ATC. It is the "Fighting Falcon" I believe a F-16. When ATC addresses this aircraft, it just gives Numbers and not the make.

Example, it will say.... 123 is at 1000 feet.

When it should say Fighting Falcon 123 is at 1000 feet.

• Aerosoft

I wanted to add that I was able to rack down one of the aircraft types that seem to not get mentioned on FSX ATC. It is the "Fighting Falcon" I believe a F-16. When ATC addresses this aircraft, it just gives Numbers and not the make.

Example, it will say.... 123 is at 1000 feet.

When it should say Fighting Falcon 123 is at 1000 feet.

That could be because the aircraft is not correctly names in the aircraft.cfg.

That could be because the aircraft is not correctly names in the aircraft.cfg.

Thank you! I will check the names folder. There are a couple of planes that are not getting the name of the plane only the number. i will justhave to keep my eyes peeled to track down the rest. This was helpful. Thanks so much.

• 4 weeks later...

I just found this topic and would like to reply since it's still rather recently started.

I'm having the same problem: callsigns are not being said out loud by ATC. I'm guessing, however, my problem is slightly more profound, since ATC is not even saying KLM out loud.

Installation went fine by the look of it. I also expected the separate voice pack installation, but I gather that My Traffic 2010 doesn't have to do that. Does make me wonder where FSX's ATC should get all the callsigns from though...?!

Just for the sake of completeness: I'm using Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition, with SP2 installed. At the moment I've only got one additional add-on installed: Super Traffic Board 3. I used to use EditVoicePack X and World of AI, but I obviously uninstalled both before installing MyTraffic 2010.

Hi Llanddewi,

Have you checked with Edit voice Pack? Maybe that could be the cause.

Also check how's the volume on the sound settings of you FSX.

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex! Thanks for responding! Much appreciated.

I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled FSX. Then installed MyTraffic 2010 again and checked it out. I think I now understand what's going on. I assumed MyTraffic 2010 would make all the AI callsigns available to me as well, but that was obviously a mistake. All the AI traffic had the proper callsigns and were spoken out loud fine. I ended up buying Radar Contact 4 as well, which works great with MyTraffic 2010. Now the ATC is also much better and I can use all the callsigns I like. :)