Aerosoft download shop - Downloads

Guest cptawsom

Mathijs,

I often get confused where to look for updates: the downloadshop or the support-database, or...?

This happens to me as well.

It would be great if you could put the database and the downloadshop together...

Or if you can't, do two other things:

- have the same login-password for the download shop and the support database

- as soon as you send the confirmation e-mail with the (already) paid and processed download order, automatically register the user and his serial for the product into the support database. After all, he has just bought it.

A single sign-on for download shop, box shop, support database and possibly the forums.

This would be very helpful too. Not for the forums necessarily, but for the 2 shops and the support db, definitely.

I have so far had no problem with downloading my purchases, however as mentioned by others I don't find it very easy to find updates for non Launcher based products and it would be good if updates were accesable from download shop account.

• Aerosoft

A single sign-on for download shop, box shop, support database and possibly the forums.

I remember when I first bought something from the download shop, I was very irritated that my login didn't work (I had bought stuff in the box shop before).

At least there should be a system note on the login forms that there are different accounts required.

It's a project that has been running for years now, lol.

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs,

Why not having a pre-pay system, so the most "fanatic" :) can pay some weeks or days in advance and then make their downloads at a pre-release party, a day or two before the official release. You can even limit the number of invitations to the party so the servers can handle it.

No we will never do that. For downloads I think it is just bad to ask people for money if you can't deliver seconds later. It will also create resentment with users who do not buy into that idea.

I think you should tell us the load on each server and if possible combine the Download Store and Boxed Store into one as it will avoid confusion. You should also perhaps add loyalty points were if you purchase a product at £30 you will get £3 worth of points to spend on your next purchase similar to what Just Flight does. Aerosoft support is suburb so no issues there!

Aaron G.

I think you should tell us the load on each server

Surely you will not know that unless you (as in aerosoft) are observing the hit's at any one moment and publishing updates constantly?! Can't understand the relevance.

if possible combine the Download Store and Boxed Store into one as it will avoid confusion.

No, they should stay as a seperate entity as sure as eggs are eggs they will create more issues/complaint's. The present system works a treat for me (and others no doubt) so as is normally stated, don't fix what ain't broken....

You should also perhaps add loyalty points were if you purchase a product at £30 you will get £3 worth of points to spend on your next purchase similar to what Just Flight does.

Aaron G.

Well worth considering but, not essencial.

What I would like to see as mentioned in previous posts is a date of the update so one could easily keep tab's on when one knew when last updated to what update is now available.