A question regarding credits

Stupid me...of course you're right. However that would require you to constantly re-assign your credits between different airport each and every flight.

Well...I now own both AES and GSX and will be using both products so let's see what the future brings but if GSX continues to develop and they manage to solve the problem with airports that don't have FSX default jetways that can be controlled using CTRL-J I think the AES and its current credit system need to change in some way to keep current customers.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Stupid me...of course you're right. However that would require you to constantly re-assign your credits between different airport each and every flight.

Well...I now own both AES and GSX and will be using both products so let's see what the future brings but if GSX continues to develop and they manage to solve the problem with airports that don't have FSX default jetways that can be controlled using CTRL-J I think the AES and its current credit system need to change in some way to keep current customers.

Once you assign credits to an airport, they do not need to be reassigned. It's a one-time process. Also, while it's been awhile since I had my FS9 running, if you have the same airport (at least for Aerosoft ones), such as Paderborn in FS9 and in FSX, you only use up credits once. So again, for Paderborn which uses one credit, it's one for both, not one for each. AES tracks the "sister' airports automatically.

Ok, I guess Aerosoft must be keeping track of what airports I assigned credits to online because otherwise I don't understand how they would know what those airports are if I for instance would do a complete reinstall of my PC and I still of course have the serials for the credit packs I already paid for or could I assign my credits to other airports if I reinstalled my PC?

...if GSX continues to develop and they manage to solve the problem with airports that don't have FSX default jetways that can be controlled using CTRL-J...

That would require direct involvement between FSDT and airport developers, and would be on a pay per airport basis like AES is now. Umberto has previously maintained that he did not want to go that route.

I realize this is a tricky one to solve in a general way, let's see what happens in the future because I believe this is one of the biggest issues currently. Until then I'm quite happy using a combination of AES and GSX where I have the programs enabled/disabled depending on what airports I'm flying from/to.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, I guess Aerosoft must be keeping track of what airports I assigned credits to online because otherwise I don't understand how they would know what those airports are if I for instance would do a complete reinstall of my PC and I still of course have the serials for the credit packs I already paid for or could I assign my credits to other airports if I reinstalled my PC?

It's not tricky at all. The AES client that installs on your computer tracks the assignments, as well as how many credits are needed for an airport and how many you have left. When you update the client, it remembers too. Of course when you install a given serial, the client checks it against pirated serials and IIRC that requires an on-line connection, but that's just during the install.

A complete reinstallation of MSFS would allow you to reassign credits, but that's not a smart way to divert a selection from one airport to another. If you've ever re-installed MSFS, you know the hassle and a credit pack is a lot cheaper than your time. When choosing to use a credit or credits, as you know, you get ample warning of what's about to happen. It's never accidental.

I understand this is normally a big no-no, and in most cases for good reason, but given that GSX can be used for free on FSDT airports it would be nice if I could reallocate the credits for just those airports elsewhere. Then GSX can be used in their native airports and I could reuse what could be considered a waste of potentially a whopping 30 credits. That's a pretty big chunk of change.

It's not tricky at all. The AES client that installs on your computer tracks the assignments, as well as how many credits are needed for an airport and how many you have left. When you update the client, it remembers too. Of course when you install a given serial, the client checks it against pirated serials and IIRC that requires an on-line connection, but that's just during the install.

A complete reinstallation of MSFS would allow you to reassign credits, but that's not a smart way to divert a selection from one airport to another. If you've ever re-installed MSFS, you know the hassle and a credit pack is a lot cheaper than your time. When choosing to use a credit or credits, as you know, you get ample warning of what's about to happen. It's never accidental.

I do know all too well what a hassle it is to reinstall FSX and it would take lots of credit packs to go through that by free will...

• Upvote 1