Artwork (Covers) for Downloaded Products

Pat Smith

Greetings, and a Happy New Year to all from Christchurch, NZ.

I don't know what other folks would like to see included in the downloads we buy, but it would be really nice to have the box and DVD/CD artwork included with the download, so that when creating installation discs, we can also create nice looking DVD/CD artwork to finish off our investment.

Leonardo Software included it with their absolutely brilliant Fly The Mad Dog, and it does give a 'feel-good' factor that the product purchased is complete with artwork.

Perhaps there is somewhere they can be downloaded from, but I cannot find them.

All thoughts and offers kindly welcomed and accepted.

Best regards,

Pat.

Bon jour Mathijs,

Thank you for expedient reply.

I did also consider the piracy angle, and when you consider the credit card fraudsters are always just a few steps behind each and every security measure taken to protect us, whatever is done, will be quickly undone by the 'professional' pirates. It is, and sadly, always will be, an on-going battle!

I like the way some other software houses go about their business in terms of support. Namely, if you do not supply order details, you do not get support, as opposed to just registering as a Forum Member.

I do try to design my own DVD covers for the products I buy, but, authenticity and accuracy is a key point when I add to my collection. Like most Simmers, we are all too busy with our simming and lives to worry about piracy, especially here in NZ where 'Big Brother' is monitoring Internet activites.

Yes, I would be happy be to pay a nominal fee for the DVD Box Cover and CD/DVD artwork as issued with box purchases. Perhaps Aerosoft might consider that as an 'extra'? - But as you quite rightly point out, the pirates (who no doubt, mass produce) will also add that to their arsenal of ill-gotten gains, but sadly, they will always be there!

So, perhaps in Aerosoft's future marketing strategy, the artwork may be included or downloaded on proof of purchase?

All the best for every success in 2012,

Pat