A.S. Zürich 2012

butthead

Hi,

(Sorry for posting this twice. I didn't navigate the forum correctly)

I bought a SSD disk and reinstalled Win7, FSX and all add-ons. From A.S. I use Gardemoen, Arlanda and Zürich. The first two works great, just as it did with my previous hard drive. Zürich looks only new with airport buses, taxi signs and trees. The buildings and taxiways looks like the FSX original.

The product is registered and updated, and is placed as No1. in FSX scenery library.

Any ideas?

BR,

Magnus

Hi,

Regarding activation in the launcher: I just checked it and the update is marked green and the activation is green.

I read the (new) forum post "Problem with Nice X and Stuttgard X: building missing", which is about the same problem.

I then changed scenery path in FSX for Zürich 2012, to my old harddrive (G:\...), which is still in the system. Then the buildings look ok. (But not in the night)

I changed back to my new SSD drive (C:\) and now this also works!! Unfortunately not in night either...then the buildings are flat....

Maybe you can solved both his and mine at the same time now....

BR,

Magnus

I have some more information. If i tick the box "DirectX 10 preview" in FSX, then the night buildings are OK, but other things like textures on airport lamps are black in daylight.

I guess the "DirectX 10 preview" should be un-ticked?

/Magnus

Hi,

I checked DX10 only to try, but switched back when it did not work.

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Mega Airport Zurich 2012\Scenery

-none

In C:\Aerosoft\Launcher\aeroCom\config I did find one.

Gardemoen and Arlands works OK:

BR,

Magnus

I had somewhat the same problem with Zurich 2012. Missing surfaces like aprons and runways, but the buildings where there. Zurich is fine now, though. Don't ask me why but suddenly everything was back to normal by "its self".

The same with Stuttgart (EDDS was all default buildings and surfaces) and Budapest (missing aprons/runways etc but buildings and objects where in place).

Suttgart had to be reinstalled after some blobs in the files. Ok now.

Budapest is uninstalled, haven't gotten around to reinstalling it yet.

Is this problem linked to the Aerosoft Launcher? Never saw this before the launcher was installed.

Regards

Daniel

Hi Shaun

The Scenery Density was set to max in the first place. Also autogen is higher than none.

Just to emphasise; I ran both Budapest and Stuttgart without any problems before the Launcher. Not to say that the launcher is the problem, just an observation.

Thanks

Daniel

Hello Magnus,

Can you please attach a legible screenshot of the problem with the lamps so I can see, also leave the co-ordinates showing so I know exactly where you are.

Hi,

Thanks for your help so far. Now, for some reason, the lamps fixed themselves. But I enclose the night view so you can see the missing "buildings". Below is a picture of it and scenery settings.

The picture are showing gate E44, E46, E48, E50.

Thanks!

/Magnus

6690663235_ce85ee080d_b.jpg6690663527_9c5a1af21d_b.jpg

Hi Shaun,

No .blob files....

Also tried to reinstall 3-4 times. No improvements....

BR,

Magnus

Can you tell me how many files you have in both your scenery and texture folders.

Also try disabling all other 3rd party scenery in the scenery library except Zurich and then recheck.

Hi Shaun,

In the Scenery folder, there are 28 files using total 28.2MB.

In the Texture folder, there are 552 files and additional 4 folders, total 381MB

Regarding the scenery library, A.S. Mega airport Zürich is first.

If I disable A.S. Mega airport Arlanda and Mega airport Gardemoen, and also the "addon folder", FSX rebuilds the scenery, but it ends with no improvements.

I also disable all Ultimate Terrain entries in the scenery folder, but still with no improvements.

BR,

Magnus

Hello Magnus,

You have the same amount of files as I do but I dont have the issue you do, as I see it no-one else does either.

I know this may sound like a long shot but can you try un-installing SP2/Acceleration and then re-install it.