Dutch Harbor for FS9

Planephysician

I was wondering if there are any plans for an FS9 version of Dutch Harbor? I have the FSX version but as a simulator, FSX sucks. It is extremely buggy and if I'm lucky I can complete a flight from PADU to PANC (I have Anchorage X also). Actually, it doesn't matter where I fly to/from, FSX ends up wigging out one way or another. My point is, FS9 was and will always remain a far more stable platform for addons which makes the simulation a much more enjoyable experience. There are plenty of simmers out there that still use FS9 as their primary sim. Either way, I will continue to support Aerosoft and its great products!

Dave

I'm surprised you have issues with FSX in such a remote area. There's few autogen and scener density in the Aleutians, so even on a medium PC FSX should run smooth there. Of course the Anchorage area is a different thing.

There are no plans for Dutch Harbor FS9 though. The addon is much more about the terrain and landscape scenery than the actual airport, that makes it very difficult to get reasonable results in FS9. It just wouldn't look as good as in FSX.

It just wouldn't look as good as in FSX.

To be clear. As an FS9 fan, nothing in FS9 looks as good as FSX. That doesn't mean that sceneries don't still look extremely good in FS9. The point is not to get an excact FSX looking scenery in FS9, it's simply to get the scenery to have a verson for FS9 within reasonable FS9 quality standards. So unlike nightflier there, I don't understand why it's not possible. At the very least model the airport. If FSDT KLAX can be modeled for FS9 (the most detailed scenery ever made for FSX) then surely a smill airfield like Dutch Harbour could have a reasonable quality made for FS9...

It is no problem whatsoever to export the airport into FS9, but what good does that? This addon is 60% terrain. The airport alone on a default terrain wouldn't work. And creating all that custom terrain in FS9 would be a completely new job. There's a reason all those FTX products had to be completely created from scratch for FSX. When it comes to terrain you can't use 1% of the work you've done for the other sim.

The demand for this kind of work is just too low, sorry.

It is no problem whatsoever to export the airport into FS9, but what good does that? This addon is 60% terrain. The airport alone on a default terrain wouldn't work. And creating all that custom terrain in FS9 would be a completely new job. There's a reason all those FTX products had to be completely created from scratch for FSX. When it comes to terrain you can't use 1% of the work you've done for the other sim.

The demand for this kind of work is just too low, sorry.

Honestly Thorsten, I am just happy and grateful that you are making FS9 versions of your current porjects like Larnaca and Keflavik. Let's just hope the demand for those type of airports in FS9 continue. :big_boss_s: