Fonts

wallyboard

After uninstalling Prepar3D and several older aircraft through the Contol Panel Uninstall, I had to replace a Trebuchet font that went missing.

Unfortunately now, and possibly because others fonts may be MIA, the Katana GPS has rather large and blurry lettering. Also, the OAT guage doesn't light up any numbers and remains black (unlit). Hoping it was a bulb needing replacement, I was unable to affect anything through the maintenace repair.

Before re-installing the Katana (ver1.02), I'd like to ensure I have the proper fonts installed. Appreciate any assistance.

Cheers

Larry

Thanks Marcel. Do you suppose that a re-install of ver1.02 over top of the existing installation will retain all the history, or is an uninstall first required? With over a hundred hours now, I'm anxious to see how the wear and tear keeps progressing. Too, I could wait for ver1.03.

Larry

Backing-up the history has already been dealt with in the forum - it's simply a question of saving the data.cfg.

1.03 will NOT install over 1.02 without first UNinstalling 1.02.

But I don't see why this is a Katana issue? You should be able to reinstall all necessary fonts from the FSX fonts folder...

simples!

profile-Sergei_Passport.jpg

I re-installed ver1.02 over top of the existing 1.02. Didn't change anthing.

I can work out the font issue eventually, but that still leaves me with an O/S OAT. Repair/ replacement of associated items didn't help. I'll continue my search.

Thanks for the help Simon.

Larry

Thanks Marcel. Do you suppose that a re-install of ver1.02 over top of the existing installation will retain all the history, or is an uninstall first required? With over a hundred hours now, I'm anxious to see how the wear and tear keeps progressing. Too, I could wait for ver1.03.

Larry

The Katana will not suffer from the loss of fonts. So there is nor reason to uninstall it. :) Perhabs someone can help you out with the fonts missing for the FSX GPS.

I re-installed ver1.02 over top of the existing 1.02. Didn't change anthing.

I can work out the font issue eventually, but that still leaves me with an O/S OAT. Repair/ replacement of associated items didn't help. I'll continue my search.

Thanks for the help Simon.

Larry

As a further troubleshoot you could backup the original data.cfg to preserve the hours and maintenance, then use the Kat Reset tool to completely clear the maintenance.

That, at least, would eliminate the installation as the source of the problem, as I think it might be a bit time consuming to re-install the fonts manually from the FSX/fonts folder, depending on your OS and security settings. It would be quick enough to do a side-by-side comparison with the Windows/Fonts folder and load any that aren't already in there, though.

Katana reset tool didn't help with the OAT guage (there is a choice there to delete data and save timers); however, the chronometer has an OAT function, so all is not lost for flying. I'll await ver1.03a.

Thanks for the idea on the fonts Simon.

Cheers

Larry