Setting Alt-Heading-Speed problems

spoceto1003

I have seen other posts on this issue, but there is NO definitive answer on how to cure the problem, merely a link to another post about the same problem, but no way of curing this problem.

I have a joystick and a keypad with a track mat ( I don't have a mouse wheel) I hover the hand symbol over the Altimeter knob, and as others state it, either goes in with a left click of the mouse or out with a right click of the mouse. This is selecting managed and selected settings.. but I can not increase the altitude with this system. I have tried zooming in and moving the icon all around it but I can not alter the setting,

Can someone please tell me how to do this, as it is ruining the whole experience.

I have seen other posts on this issue, but there is NO definitive answer on how to cure the problem, merely a link to another post about the same problem, but no way of curing this problem.

I have a joystick and a keypad with a track mat ( I don't have a mouse wheel) I hover the hand symbol over the Altimeter knob, and as others state it, either goes in with a left click of the mouse or out with a right click of the mouse. This is selecting managed and selected settings.. but I can not increase the altitude with this system. I have tried zooming in and moving the icon all around it but I can not alter the setting,

Can someone please tell me how to do this, as it is ruining the whole experience.

Another reason a user found was that there fonts were set to 125% instead of 100%

Another reason a user found was that there fonts were set to 125% instead of 100%

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

Can you explain about the font size? which do you mean? is there a font size in FSX? I'm sorry I don't understand your reply.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

Can you explain about the font size? which do you mean? is there a font size in FSX? I'm sorry I don't understand your reply.

Its your desktop, if you right click on your Desktop and select, "Screen Resolution" a window opens if using Vista/7.

Then you will see a line saying, "Make text and other Items Larger or Smaller" Select this link and a new window opens and check that its set to 100%.

• 8 months later...

I purchased the AirbusX from PC Aviator last week and I too am having the same issue. I have V122 and I have uninstalled and re-installed the Zip file twice with no success at correcting the problem. My screen resolution is correctly set at 100% How can you fly this sim without the ability to change heading, speed, or altitude? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jack LaHargoue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Lack of a mouse wheel may the issue. The product page on the Aerosoft site clearly states a wheel mouse is part of the required kit. That said, the text on page 9 of volume 1 of the manual set would have you believe that you can just right click/left click to change values. I suggested a change to this page a while back, but it's still there in version 1.22.

So, first the altitude and speed knobs need to be pulled out before you can change values. Once back, with a wheel mouse, scrolling the wheel does the trick. I just tried my AirbusX to see if I could change values without the wheel and I could not.

Besides ensuring you have the font size set correctly (at 100%), see if this post is of any help.