Can't uninstall My Traffic 2010?

Jomachines

I went to the usual Control Panel > Uninstall Program, to uninstall My Traffic and it seemed to work, but it still shows it in the Program category. I am trying to reinstall it now, but the only options it gives me is to Repair or Remove, and neither of those work either....

Help?

Thanks for the reply Shaun. I tried running the installer agair and 'Remove' option, and I click next and one second later it says it is done. Then I click finish, but it is still there, so it is not removing it for some reason. I tried to 'Repair' option as well, but to no avail; It did the same thing.

I remember running into this problem before and cant remember how I finally got it to 'uninstall' ?

Ya I just scouted everywhere for the My Traffic folders and I found one in my START menu, but after deleting it I looked and My Traffic is still in the program list. I just need to uninstall it so that I can re-install it again.

Hello;

The traffic folder,you should have one in Fsx,and there is another folder in the appdata,also the Fsx cfg file has the settings in it also,does the My Traffic come with an un-installer,or did you just remove it in the programs.

Hi Wingnut, the My Traffic folder is deleted out of my FSX folder as well as in 'appdata'. It comes with an uninstaller, which I used, but it still shows that it is installed in my programs list in Control Panel. I just need Windows to recognize that it is uninstalled so that it will let me re-install it; Otherwise it just gives me the two options of either 'Remove' or 'Repair', both of which do not work.

Hi Wingnut, the My Traffic folder is deleted out of my FSX folder as well as in 'appdata'. It comes with an uninstaller, which I used, but it still shows that it is installed in my programs list in Control Panel. I just need Windows to recognize that it is uninstalled so that it will let me re-install it; Otherwise it just gives me the two options of either 'Remove' or 'Repair', both of which do not work.

Try the suggestion here to re-install

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Having nearly the same problem installin/uninstalling. (Runnin FSX/Win7 64bit). I uninstalled it as suggested in one of the docs that is : in MT2010 program configuration Manager select "delete all aircraft.airports etc" then while FSX is running delete the MT2010 section from the add on menu. However there is no undelete item in the Start/My traffic 2010 menu. So I did a successful uninstall thru Win7 control panel. I also did not find any mt2010 in the FSX.cfg file. Checked for any leftovers in various folders and deleted them. Now however when I reinstall the program and all seems to be successful, when I start up FSX an error message pops up claiming duplicate entries in various aircrafts (AC config?) and the only button is Close and this is for all the installed aircrafts. After sitting there for a while and closing all that stuff it runs ok except this happens everytime when starting FSX.

I wonder what is left after uninstalling to dupicate these sections in various aircraft.cfg files? Are there stuff left over in the Registry maybe?

cheers

Richard

To continue my problem with install/uninstall MT2010. I have checked the registry and zippo there about the program, the only thing I have found is left after uninstall/cleaning out folders is the item on the start/all Programs list of Aerosoft with folders of Homepage, Forum and support/FAQ. So nothing about the MT2010 program. So why all these duplicates when I start FSX?

Any takers please. Flying with default ai is not much fun.

Richard