No Ground Steering Issue, Autorudder?

DerekG

Help guys...

Just purchased and have a clean, brand new install of Aerosoft DA20-100. Straight off, the aircraft wont steer left or right on the ground on all DA20-100 models. I'm using Simple Mode with FSX auotrudder enabled.

I can get correct ground steering with an 'FSX Options-setting-controls-control axes-rudder' re-assignment of x axis, but then lose aileron control. (FSX does not allow 2 different x axis assignments).

The issue can also be seen in the control surface movements of the external model- there is no combined movement of both rudder and ailerons with autorudder enabled.

I'm using a standard joystick (calibrating ok) with no mods or setttings altered. Windows7. My other default FSX aircraft do not have this issue and ground steer fine with autorudder enabled and the same FSX settings.

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, have tried supporting documentation, forums, google, RTM, the lot.

DerekG

Hi DerekG

The problem you are facing is that this aircraft don't have any physical connection between the rudder and nose wheel.

The real aircraft is equipped with a free casting wheel, the only way to operate the nose wheel is by differential braking until you have reached enough airspeed so the rudder becomes effective.

Do also note that this aircraft is very real and close to a real DA20. This means that tweaks that can be used on other aircraft to get a, for the user, desired function will not work.

I think that you need to use the "left" & "right" brake on your keyboard , or better invest in a pair of rudder pedals to enjoy this aircraft to the fullest.

Hi DerekG

The problem you are facing is that this aircraft don't have any physical connection between the rudder and nose wheel.

The real aircraft is equipped with a free casting wheel, the only way to operate the nose wheel is by differential braking until you have reached enough airspeed so the rudder becomes effective.

Do also note that this aircraft is very real and close to a real DA20. This means that tweaks that can be used on other aircraft to get a, for the user, desired function will not work.

I think that you need to use the "left" & "right" brake on your keyboard , or better invest in a pair of rudder pedals to enjoy this aircraft to the fullest.

Thanks for that V30,

Back to Light Aircraft 101 for me!

Dg