Loosing engien power

fagraas

Found the bug forum, pls delete my post in fsx/2004 aircraft section

Hi lads.

im experiensing some trouble when landing with the new katana.

when i slow down and want to, say go around or t&g. i cant get engien power. when i land, there is not enough power to taxi even. i have run the maintenance check and service check. no errors that need attention.

Im wondering if anyone have experienced the same problems. Im wondering if it could be weather related in the sim. but find that strange. but i have tried running carb heat on, fuel pump on. but nothing.

MP stays at 25,5. RPM 1250, wont get higher. Cylinder temp 235 ish. Oil temp 210. oil press in the green.

if someone wants to recreate. weather is: W347@04, V10m, ovc021, temp 59F/50F, alt 3007. and second atemt tonight is: 30004kts v10 sky clear, 58/49F, A3007

I was looking at the humidity. but would not the carb heat take care of this? prevent wather to form in the carb. or am i wrong.

Is this a bug or a function of the aircraft. I did folow the checks on all app. but problem persists. its kinda hard to train T&G when u have to land and reset. power is so low that its not flyable with full flaps on approtch.

Christer

What you describe does sound like carburettor icing. Make sure you apply carb heat before you make any significant power reduction.

In many FSX aircraft the application of carb heat clears any ice that has formed almost instantly. Not so in the Katana - once your carburettor ices up you better start looking for an off-field landing spot.

I see. Found it strange that it would ice up witch heat on all the time. i have notised the high humidity of where im flying. dont supposed someone would help me understand the icing/humidity ishue better on how it impakts the planes engien. I do know Dewpoint is the temp where the air cant ceep the humidity, and it starts to liquefy. and i know the carb can ice up even if its like 15 degress C. But dont realy understand the relation of temp/devpoint. if u know what i mean.

Say if the temp is 17 and the dp is 14, how is that situation vs T17 DP 8. my sence of logic sais its easier to get icing in the first example due to little spacing between the to figures. Am i wrong or?

im not usualy stupid or anything. have just not found some reading that makes sence.

Found it strange that it would ice up witch heat on all the time.

It should not ice up with carb heat on.

Did you install the beta patch (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/45135-open-beta-101-update/)? There was a problem with the labels on the carb heat and the cabin heat knobs being switched in some cockpits. Maybe you are actually flying with cabin heat on?

Say if the temp is 17 and the dp is 14, how is that situation vs T17 DP 8. my sence of logic sais its easier to get icing in the first example due to little spacing between the to figures.

The risk of carb ice at 17C oat and 14C dewpoint would be greater than at 17C oat / 8C dewpoint, yes.

No i have not Downloaded that one. i shal do that at once and test.

Ok. nice to know i have managed to get something right :P

Well would you look at that. some labels changed places.. now things might be better. was kinda wondering why the engien took a performance hit when i turned on cabin heat. and this explines why i was swetting like a pig when flyin with carb heat on :P

Thanx