Question

Ferradini

Hi Aerosoft:

First I have to give a compliment. I bought last week the Airbus X, yes I know a little late, but as much as a wanted to buy it because it looked beautiful and 90% of my add-ons are from Aerosoft, the simple MCDU didn't attracted me, I didn't bought the Wilco or Airsimmer because their plane didn't looked as nice as yours and they have to many complaints. Last week I was searching the forums and I learned that you guys are working in an upgrade for the MCDU for a fee and I decided to buy it inmediately. I know you have heard this a lot but I have to say it, it looks awsome, the aircraft its just amazing, it left me speechless, the level of detail is jawdroppimng. The only thing is that is not that much frame rate friendly, I follow Andy's and Mathijs advice and it improve a little my FPS, but like another forum user said I still get 20 more FPS with my PMDG 747(yes I know its hard to believe but its true), but right now my FPS with the airbus are manageable and that is not the problem I'm facing.

My question or problem for support is that I like to land the plane myself, no autopilot or A/T help unless the weather conditions doesn't allow it. When I get to 100 feet above ground and I heard the computer saying "100" the plane just level itself and I have to force the yoke down to keep descending towards the runway. My rate of descent is nice is not like I am descending rapidly, so its not like the plane think I'm about to crash. I looked closely at the manual (and yes I am one of those weirdos that read the manual before using the software), maybe I missed something but I didn't saw nothing that could cause the plane to level off without the autopilot during approach. What am I doing wrong? This has cause me to miss a few landings and like a real pilot it gets on my nerves to miss a landing LOL.

Thanks in advance and you guys Rock!!!!

Raul Daumont

Specs

Windows 7 64bit

Nvidia 460 GTX 1GB

Corsair Gaming 8gb of RAM

2.8ghz dual core

750W power supply

Hell Raul,

Not sure I have heard of this many times, what happens if you reduce more power or try different wind conditions or none at all.

Well at 100ft I'm starting to reduce power, my speed its usually 155 to 160 at that point, about wind conditions I have try it with the weather engine (which is what I usually do wether it is the default or REX) and tried it with clear skies and no wind and still the aircraft does it. You said you have heard this many times, does it means you guys may be working on this issue?

Thanks for the quick respond

Raul

Hello Raul,

Is there a reason why your airspeed is that high.

Ha, ha I knew you were going to notice that, well my first two flights I was going about 142 and when the plane level off unexpectedly my speed went down really fast and even as I add 20 to 25% throttle that plane main gear slam into the runway, so going at around 155 now helps me when the plane level off (which usually takes me around 3 to 4 seconds to gain control again) the speed gets reduce to 140 and the plane lands gracefully. I will try again tomorrow going at the recomended speed of around 136 to see if it is me. I haven't try letting the autopilot land the plane, but I will try it to see if it does the same thing with the autopilot engage.

But you said you heard of this before, have you hear of someone with the same issue getting the problem solve?

Thanks